Senior Advisor, Data and Insights | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Senior Advisor, Data and Insights - July 2019.pdf (PDF, 409KB)
|Application Close Date:||21-Jul-2019|
- Join a dynamic, future-focused, engaging, inclusive new team
- Look ahead and work across MBIE's groups to enable an uplift in our data and insights capability
- Unleash the power of data and insights to support MBIE to achieve its goal to Grow New Zealand for All
About the group:
Insights and Data Transformation (IDx) is a cross MBIE strategic change programme that aims to empower MBIE to transform New Zealand's data into insights and action to achieve our priorities.
MBIE's stewardship of data and use of insights plays a pivotal role in our success to grow NZ for all. MBIE is on a journey to improve its data foundations and become an insights-driven organisation, and has a clear roadmap of initiatives to reach “data-readiness” by 2020.
IDx works at a strategic level coordinating the delivery of MBIE's data-readiness strategy and roadmap. We provide advice and support on strategic issues facing MBIE's data and insights. We connect people across MBIE to support our insights-driven vision. And we measure progress that MBIE is making in increasing our data maturity.
About the role
As a Senior Advisor, you will report directly to the Chief Data and Insights Officer.
You will be responsible for leading initiatives and projects to solve system-wide challenges, delivering advice and guidance to teams and stakeholders on data and insights capability, and facilitating cross-system work and partnerships.
You will be a natural relationship manager, with an ability to engage and support staff to help further strengthen understanding and awareness across MBIE. You will also have a commitment to innovation and continuous improvement and generating new ideas and ways of doing things.
Skills and Experience:
We are keen to hear from you if you have:
- Understanding of the evolving data system and the role of data-enabled insights
- Professional expertise in data management, data science or a related area
- Ability to introduce new ways of looking at problems and adopt creative new approaches
- Experience of working with diverse stakeholder groups to develop, support and implement people centred solutions
- The ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships and to develop trust and credibility with senior managers, staff and key internal and external stakeholders
- A proactive, can-do attitude with a high level of initiative, sound judgement and discretion
- Previous public sector experience is preferred
- Exceptional teamwork and collaborative abilities and a willingness to share knowledge and expertise with others
Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or New Zealand permanent residents.
Strategic Policy and Programmes
IDx is part of the Strategic Policy and Programmes group (SPP). SPP's vision is: “Looking ahead, working across – Haumi e, hui e, taiki e”. SPP houses strategically important programmes that require significant leadership and collaboration across MBIE.
We work closely with a range of internal and external stakeholders including policy teams and service delivery arms within MBIE, other government agencies, regions, industry and business. We are a highly engaged and committed group working collaboratively with MBIE and government colleagues to improve services and outcomes for New Zealand.
Why work for us:
MBIE is one of New Zealand's largest, most influential and most diverse public sector agencies. This means that we are able to offer significant opportunities for developing experience across a broad variety of areas.
We aim to create a culture where our people are empowered to bring fresh ideas and perspectives and to develop new approaches.
We also take the time to foster a work environment that is enjoyable for all. This means we like to collaborate, support and encourage our people, encourage excellence and innovation, embrace diversity and inclusion and take the time to have some fun and celebrate our successes.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Please e-mail Jo Smith at email@example.com quoting reference MBIE/1407456 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on the 21st July 2019.