Senior Engagement and Communications Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Senior Engagement and Comms Advisor.pdf (PDF, 100KB)
|Application Close Date:||18-Jul-2019|
- Be part of a smart, innovative and high performing communications team
- Deliver communications about issues that really matter and make a difference to New Zealanders
- Eight month and six month fixed term roles, working as part of a fun, high performing and high energy team
We are often on the lookout for motivated and talented people to join our communications team on a short -term or permanent basis.
Even if you're not ready to apply now for these roles, consider sending us your CV and joining our recruitment pool so we can let you know about new opportunities in MBIE communications as soon as they arise.
About the role
We currently have opportunities for experienced Senior Communications Advisors to join MBIE's Engagement, Communications and Ministerial Services Branch on a fixed term basis. In this role you will be responsible for delivering communications advice and services across a diverse portfolio of work in MBIE.
Our communications team is at the hub of our media and stakeholder interactions. Working with Minister's offices, internal and external stakeholders, you will be people focused and thrive under pressure and in a fast-paced environment. You will be collaborative and innovative in your approach to delivering best practice, customer-focused communications and engagement services. Working as part of a great team of advisors, you will be encouraged and supported to contribute to the excellent communications service we deliver to the Ministry and our external stakeholders.
Why work for us:
MBIE is one of New Zealand's largest, most influential and most diverse public sector agencies. We are here to make a difference by backing back New Zealand's talent, ideas and business enterprise through ensuring safe and fair workplaces, and developing and supporting the science, innovation, business and worker environments. Our core purpose is to Grow New Zealand for All.
We provide a positive work environment with an emphasis on supporting our people for career growth and progression. As well as working hard with passion and drive, we also like to take the time to have some fun and celebrate our successes.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- More than five years experience in delivering internal and external communications strategies and supporting material
- Great writing skills and the ability to produce engaging content for a range of channels and stakeholders, often in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in managing media enquiries.
- The ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships and to develop trust and credibility with senior managers, staff and key internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding of Government decision-making and operating procedures.
- Proficient at multi-media and digital communications.
- A proactive, can-do attitude with a high level of initiative, sound judgement and discretion
- Ability to set priorities and manage time effectively.
Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or New Zealand permanent residents.
How to apply
To apply, click on the "Apply Now" button to read and download the position description. Please apply directly online, complete the application form and submit your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for this role.
Email Sarah Frost at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference MBIE/1407314 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Thursday the 18th of July 2019.