Senior Advisor | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Advisor Position Description (1).pdf (PDF, 336KB)
|Application Close Date:||21-Jul-2019|
- Would you like to be part of a multi-disciplinary, high impact team that works with both policy and service delivery colleagues?
- Do you enjoy the challenge of working across a wide range of regulatory systems?
- Are you committed to innovative customer centred service delivery that creates positive change for the public of New Zealand?
- Permanent opportunity, Wellington office
This is an exciting opportunity for an Advisor / Senior Advisor in the Service Design Policy team within our Market Services Group.
You will be part of a team that is at the forefront of using an integrated policy and service design capability to make a difference in how government deals with New Zealand businesses and individuals. The systems we work with include Building, Employment, Housing and Tenancy, Intellectual Property and more. You will be experienced in policy or operational policy, with a keen interest in designing policy and services that will work effectively across a regulatory system.
You will provide input into policy and service development and lead or participate in policy implementation initiatives, including translating legislation and policy into practice. You will work directly with regulatory managers to ensure the effectiveness of their operations. You will work across MBIE to ensure the organisation develops and maintains high quality, innovative and user-centric regulatory practices.
To be successful in this role, you will:
* Have shown a commitment to multi-disciplined, creative approaches to problem identification and solution development
* Have a demonstrated ability to think analytically and express ideas clearly
* Have excellent communication skills (written, visual, oral), including the ability to translate complex information for multiple audiences
* Have an understanding of systems thinking
* Have an understanding of research design and methods, particularly in relation to insight generation
* Have excellent interpersonal, teamwork and relationship management skills
* Have knowledge of public sector requirements and processes relating to legislation and regulatory change
* Be experienced in working collaboratively with a wide range of different people
* Be self-motivated, resilient, able to meet deadlines and drive for solutions in an agile and changeable environment
A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline is preferred.
How to apply:
This is a fantastic opportunity for keen, driven and motivated professionals looking for the next big step in their career. If you think you have what it takes to be successful in this role we welcome your application.
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” button to read and download the position description. Please apply directly online, complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role.
You must be a citizen or New Zealand Resident (residence class visa) to be considered.
Enquires welcome to email@example.com quoting reference MBIE/1406621.
Applications close 5pm Sunday, 21st of July 2019.