Senior Property Portfolio Specialist | Wellington
|Category:||Property and Valuation|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| PD - Senior Property Portfolio Specialist.pdf (PDF, 348KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Jun-2019|
- Align government property activity with the Government expectations for their office accommodation portfolio
- Use your extensive commercial, public sector and property expertise to enhance the Government property portfolio
- 12 month fixed-term opportunity - cover parental leave
The senior specialist role is an opportunity for the right talent to inject their enthusiasm to influence the government's property portfolio and to support agencies and stakeholders with property matters. This role sits within Delivery Services in the New Zealand Government Procurement and Property Branch.
Interested? Read on.
The Chief Executive of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment is the functional lead for property across the Public sector. This role will report to the Manager Property, Planning & Advisory and ensures that government agency property activity aligns with the government expectations and the Government office accommodation programme.
The Government requires a portfolio approach to be taken and that the property portfolio provides for:
- A citizen/community focus;
- Collaboration between agencies;
- Workplaces that value people; and
- Value for money.
You will enjoy seeking opportunities to enhance the government property portfolio including appropriate opportunities for co-location and alignment with good practice design standards.
You will be experienced in working at a senior level with government agencies, providing them with considered, expert, pragmatic solutions to an agency's property requirements, including innovative solutions that meet agency expectations, as well as providing brokering services to agencies.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Considerable commercial and property experience within government, a regulatory environment or the private sector
- Demonstrated ability to critically analyse complex commercial and property situations and to recommend and design robust solutions
- Significant experience in influencing and negotiating with stakeholders, suppliers, property managers, landlords and senior managers
- The ability to contribute to the development of business cases, including a high standard of writing, particularly for business and/or Ministerial audience
- Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated by credibility, personal or collaborative influence, managing expectations and targeted persuasion
- High degree of political nous and a strong working knowledge of the machinery of government
- Considerable experience in dealing with ambiguity in a complex and dynamic environment
If you can demonstrate the skills required for this role, we would like to hear from you. For further information and a confidential discussion, please contact Bruce Kenning by email Bruce.Kenning@mbie.govt.nz
How to apply
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” button which will take you to our career website. You will need to complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role. If you have any questions, please contact Lapulou.Moale@mbie.govt.nz and reference MBIE/1403354
All applications must be submitted via our online process.
Applications close at 5pm, Wednesday 26 June 2019