Incident Analyst | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD Incident Analyst CERT NZ SSD MS May 2017.pdf (PDF, 372KB)
|Application Close Date:||30-Jun-2019|
- We're creating a secure and resilient online New Zealand, come and join us!
- Your information security knowledge combined with a drive to help New Zealanders will be an asset to our team
- Permanent opportunity, Wellington office
- Industry competitive salary
We look for people who are passionate about New Zealand and enthusiastic about making a positive change to our economy, our businesses and our people.
CERT NZ is New Zealand's national Computer Emergency Response Team. We investigate cyber security incident reports, track cyber security incidents and attacks, and provide advice to New Zealanders on how to respond to and prevent further attacks. We work closely with our international counterparts across more than 100 other national CERTs to prevent and respond to cyber security incidents.
We're looking for an Incident Analyst to join our Operations team. This is a mid-level role; you'll have a few years' experience in the InfoSec industry, and you're looking to expand your skillset, and use it to help New Zealander's increase their cyber security resilience. You'll fit right in if you have an interest and understanding of cyber threats and the threat landscape. You don't need to come from an incident response background; we're looking for people with technical knowledge in information security who are interested in learning new skills and techniques. The Incident Analyst:
- Triages, manages and investigates cyber security incidents
- Identifies trends in information security issues that are impacting New Zealand
- Contributes to CERT NZ projects
- Works closely with the Senior Incident Managers
- Collaborates with international CERTs
You'll be an important member of a team that has national responsibility for incident response and triage, situational awareness and information sharing, advice and outreach, international collaboration and national and international co-ordination of serious cyber incidents.
This is a challenging, rewarding and fulfilling role, with the opportunity to really make a difference, and be part of a high-performing, multi-disciplinary team.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- In-depth understanding of information security and how computer systems work
- An interest in helping people from all backgrounds resolve issues, from everyday Kiwis to security teams in large organisations
- Comprehensive knowledge cyber threats and the threat landscape.
- Ability to translate technical knowledge and language in a way that audiences from all backgrounds can understand.
- Existing government security clearance or the ability to gain and maintain such a clearance (Please see this link to the public NZSIS information for further information about the vetting process for national security clearances: https://www.nzsis.govt.nz/assets/media/Vetting-for-web-LR.pdf
- Legally entitled to live and work in New Zealand.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Monica Chow at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on 30th June 2019.