Senior Finance Business Analyst | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Finance Business Analyst PD - Jan 19.pdf (PDF, 463KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Jun-2019|
- Are you a talented and versatile Senior Business Analyst?
- Want to be a part of a dynamic systems team transforming the finance function?
- Looking for challenge and a rewarding work environment?
- With a customer centric focus and continuous improvement lens, you will drive discussions wider than just finance and challenge the status quo to improve outcomes for the business
About the branch:
The Finance Business Partnering branch, which sits within F+P, works in partnership with business groups, supporting them to deliver their services effectively and efficiently, allowing the Ministry to achieve its outcomes. The Finance Business Partnering branch is the conduit between F+P and the business groups.
About the role:
The Senior Business Analyst reports to the Manager Business Partnering within the Finance Business Partnering branch of F+P. The Senior Business Analyst will support a customer-centric approach and work closely between multiple teams across F+P and the Business Groups to ensure that accurate, high quality, financial and non-financial information, is provided and clearly communicated, to influence and support the needs, goals and requirements of decision makers.
The Senior Business Analyst will bring their expert business understanding and experience, to deliver specialist analysis services and identify relevant insights that highlight inefficiencies and opportunities. They will act as a trusted advisor to stakeholders on financial and non-financial matters and support the Finance Business Partnering team to develop initiatives and strategies to increase efficiency and productivity across MBIE.
Why work for us:
MBIE is one of New Zealand's largest, most influential and most diverse public sector agencies. This means that we are able to offer significant opportunities for developing experience across a broad variety of areas.
We aim to create a culture where our people are empowered to bring fresh ideas and perspectives and to develop new approaches.
We also take the time to foster a work environment that is enjoyable for all. This means we like to collaborate, support and encourage our people, encourage excellence and innovation and take the time to have some fun and celebrate our successes.
Skills and Experience:
We are keen to hear from you if you have:
- Extensive experience in analysis and modelling
- Demonstrated problem analysis skills and sound judgement
- Previous public sector experience is preferred but not essential
- An ability to convey content in a jargon free way that engages and meets the needs of the audience
- The ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships and to develop trust and credibility with senior managers, staff and key internal and external stakeholders
- A proactive, can-do attitude with a high level of initiative, sound judgement and discretion
- Exceptional teamwork and collaborative abilities and a willingness to share knowledge and expertise with others
- Highly developed communication and writing skills
- A strong customer focus.
Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or New Zealand permanent residents.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Please e-mail Jo Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference MBIE/1402949 if you have any further questions.
Applications close on Sunday 23rd June 2019.