Senior Workflow Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| 2018 10 18 Senior Workflow Advisor JD.pdf (PDF, 391KB)
|Application Close Date:||30-Jun-2019|
- Permanent, or secondment opportunity based in the Wellington office
- Join our smart, innovative and high performing team delivering information about subjects that make a real difference to New Zealanders
- Work collaboratively with business groups to maintain key relationships
About the role:
The Senior Workflow Advisor is a role that reports to the Team Leader – Workflow within the Ministerial Services branch.
In this role you will primarily be responsible for managing the allocation of work across the Workflow team and providing advice on ownership, transfers and the coordination of responses to cross-Ministry work, as well the drafting of Official Information Act responses. You will provide high quality and customer-centric services and work collaboratively with business groups to maintain key relationships, in order to identify and understand their specific needs. In addition, this position will support continuous improvement in workflow processes.
You will be a natural relationship manager, with an ability to engage and support the wider Ministerial Services team and its many stakeholders. You will also have a commitment to innovation and continuous improvement and generating new ideas and ways of doing things.
Skills and Experience:
We are keen to hear from you if you have:
- A demonstrated ability to quickly establish robust professional working relationships which include collaboration and co-operation, with strong written and verbal communication skills
- A proactive, can-do attitude with a high level of initiative, sound judgement and discretion
- Exceptional teamwork and collaborative abilities and a willingness to share knowledge and expertise with others
- Sound knowledge and experience of OIAs, PQs and Ministerials
- Understanding of Government decision-making and operating procedures
- Some understanding of MBIE and where a ministerial services team fits in delivering outcomes for the Ministry
- Previous public sector experience is preferred but not essential
- A strong customer focus
- Proficient in Microsoft excel
- The ability to follow processes, with excellent attention to detail
If you are an energetic self-starter, with good Government experience who can see the wider context and is able to identify and manage risks, then we need to hear from you.
Why work for us:
MBIE is one of New Zealand's largest, most influential and most diverse public sector agencies. This means that we are able to offer significant opportunities for developing experience across a broad variety of areas.
We aim to create a culture where our people are empowered to bring fresh ideas and perspectives and to develop new approaches.
We also take the time to foster a work environment that is enjoyable for all. This means we like to collaborate, support and encourage our people, encourage excellence and innovation and take the time to have some fun and celebrate our successes.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Please e-mail Sarah Frost at email@example.com if you have any further questions quoting reference MB1402232.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday the 30th of June 2019.