Graduate Policy Advisor 2020 | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| 2019 PD Policy Graduate Advisor.pdf (PDF, 338KB)
|Application Close Date:||03-Jul-2019|
As a grad on the MBIE and Ministry of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Policy Graduate Programme you'll be tackling real life problems and make a lasting difference in the life of New Zealanders.
It's exciting and challenging work that could see you looking at how we can make NZ businesses more internationally competitive, making sure all regions benefit from tourism and protecting people from loan sharks. At HUD, you will help tackle interesting and complex problems like housing supply and affordability, homelessness, and the challenge of creating a housing and urban development system that supports all New Zealanders.
Join our programme and have your influence in policy analysis and development on relevant topics, with ongoing training and support to grow your skills and experience. From week one, you'll get stuck into real, meaningful work – researching topical issues, analysing key trends and helping us to deliver new projects and programmes.
We're looking for passionate people with diverse perspectives and backgrounds, who love an intellectual challenge and want to create a better New Zealand.
Desirable skills, but not essential;
- Skilled Writers who write clearly, accurately, and logically.
- Critical Thinkers who use well-reasoned logic to solve problems.
- Evidence Gatherers who research, identify, and make use of relevant information.
- Nimble Learners who are flexible and responsive to change.
- Supportive Team Players who build partnerships and work collaboratively.
- Persuaders & Influencers who gain the trust and support of others.
- Purpose Driven Actioners who take on new opportunities and tough challenges.
- Decision Makers who make sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information.
- you can have no more than one year post-graduation full-time work experience.
- you must have graduated, or will finish your study before February 2020.
- you must have achieved at least a B average, please confirm this using the Victoria University calculator
- you must be available on 24 – 25 July (12pm – 12pm) to complete and submit a Written Assessment - subject to selection
- you must be available to attend the Assessment Centre in Wellington on 27 and 28 August – subject to selection. We will assist with travel arrangements
- you must have eligibility to live and work in New Zealand.
- you must pass all MBIE | HUD employment vetting and approval standards.
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website; a position description can also be found there. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Your application will need to include:
- current academic transcript (official or unofficial)
- cover letter – tell us why you're interested and why you think you'll make a great policy advisor; please address this to the Graduate Recruitment Team
Additional to the above, we invite you to complete an application form and, subject to meeting the minimum criteria, a situational judgement questionnaire (15-20 minutes).
Applications close on Wednesday 3 July 2019
If you have any further questions please email email@example.com