Dispute Resolution Manager - Case Management | Other
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Dispute Resolution Manager - case Management employment Position Description - March 18 2019.pdf (PDF, 88KB)
|Application Close Date:||04-Jun-2019|
- Lead and manage the Case Management (Employment Dispute Resolution) team
- Full time, permanent position
- Flexible location: Wellington, Auckland, Christchurch or Hamilton based
About the role:
The Dispute Resolution Service provides high quality mediation and case management services to people who have disputes in employment.
As the Dispute Resolution Manager – Case Management you will be responsible for the leadership and management of the national Case Management team (based across multiple national locations) and of this function. Case Management is critical to the success of the smooth efficient operation of the employment mediation service. You will also be responsible to contributing to the strategic direction of the employment mediation service and will have a stakeholder management focus.
- Managing the delivery of national case management consistent with best practice standards.
- Actively manage people performance and development to bring out the best in staff to deliver high quality results for customers.
- Fostering a culture that is customer focused, respectful and inclusive in its approach to managing client and staff diversity.
- Lead strategic projects/programmes to futureproof and enhance the ability of the Dispute Resolution service to meet evolving customer needs
- Engaging with external stakeholders to lift the performance and build capability of sectors, industries and workers.
- Working collaboratively and leading across multiple teams and groups
- Leading (as part of the leadership team) best practice in dispute resolution service delivery
Skills and experience required:
- Experience managing, developing and operating service delivery functions in large organisations
- Experience working at a strategic leadership level
- Demonstrated strong stakeholder engagement experience
- Proven leadership skills including demonstrated ability to engage and motivate staff
- Experience of working in a culturally competent way and promoting diverse and inclusive service delivery
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining an environment focused on continuous improvement to enhance organisational performance
- An understanding of the employment relations environment and the public service.
The purpose of MBIE is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
How to apply:
Click on the “Apply Now” button to read and download the position description. Please apply directly online, complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role.
Email Rosie Horsfall at Rosie.Horsfall@mbie.govt.nz quoting reference MBIE/1398925 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm Tuesday 4th June 2019.