Head of Operations - Henderson | Auckland
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Head of Operations (onshore Offshore).pdf (PDF, 422KB)
|Application Close Date:||29-May-2019|
As Head of Operations you will be responsible for overall leadership of and delivery from a visa processing office. Working closely with senior leadership, you will support alignment and application of strategy into the operational environment. You will develop strategic initiatives and be responsible for implementing new tools and business systems in conjunction with your management team.
Being a great Head of Operations means:
- Improving performance, productivity, efficiency through the implementation of effective methods and strategies.
- Monitoring and exploring emerging trends within appropriate markets & identifying risks relevant to the area of Operation.
- Being responsible for overall business continuity planning & delivery
- Understanding your stakeholders and being able to build and maintain good relationships across the sectors
You will bring with you:
- A Track record of management in operations functions, in a complex/ global organisation
- Experience applying risk management concepts and frameworks when making decisions in complex operating environments
- Political savvy & experience in maintaining and developing networks and relationships with strategic stakeholders
- Good working knowledge of the application and interpretation of legislation, preferably with an immigration context
For your application to be considered you must;
- Have the ability to gain and maintain national security clearance to Confidential/ Secret/ Top Secret (Level) as needed.
- Hold Citizen or Resident level rights to work.
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
How to apply:
Please note: Interviews for this role will be held the on 7 June 2019.
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Fi.Sanderson@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1398497 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 29 May 2019.