Senior Business & Finance Advisor - Immigration New Zealand | Porirua
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Senior Business and Finance Advisor.pdf (PDF, 121KB)
|Application Close Date:||29-May-2019|
- Newly established positions
- Porirua location
- Permanent full time opportunities
We have four exciting opportunities for inquisitive and experienced finance and/or business professionals to make a difference to New Zealand. These newly created roles form part of an enhanced risk and verification network for Immigration New Zealand.
As a Senior Business and Financial Advisor you will form part of a global network that supports immigration decisions within Immigration New Zealand.
Working closely with immigration officers you will act as an expert and provide advice for all internal clients, specifically as it relates to interpretation/findings on financial and business documentation supplied with visa applications.
Utilising strong investigative techniques and technical knowledge you will be responsible for determining the authenticity of information presented and advise on immigration related decisions accordingly. Strong analytical skills and the ability to make timely decisions and provide informed communications will be essential to be successful in this role.
You will work collaboratively with both on and offshore staff, developing strong professional relationships to build competency across the business facilitating robust decision-making and ensuring the integrity of visa processing.
Experience required for the position:
- A minimum of five years' experience as a professional operating in a finance or business-related role
- A relevant tertiary qualification / professional registration (such as CA)and / or extensive and comparable experience in business management, business planning and/or financial investigation, such as forensic accounting
- Demonstrated problem analysis skills and sound judgement
- Demonstrated communication, facilitation, influencing and interpersonal skills, with the ability to clearly communicate technical information in plain language
- Demonstrated ability to identify and effectively manage risks, sensitive issues and confidentiality in a regulatory environment
- The ability to gain and maintain a national security clearance as required.
To be considered for the role you must have a strong command of the English language, both written and verbal. In addition, excellent interpersonal skills and an in-built radar and understanding for fairness and natural justice; you will play a key role in defining informed, sound and just immigration decisions on behalf of Immigration NZ.
All applicants must be a NZ citizen or hold a residence class visa
About MBIE & Immigration New Zealand:
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
Immigration New Zealand is part of MBIE and is the regulator for the Immigration Act, striking the balance between facilitating the migration New Zealand needs and managing risk.
How to apply:
To apply for this role, click on the “Apply Now” button to be redirected to the MBIE Careers site, here you can read and download the job description. Please apply directly online, complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role.
Refer to the attached job description for further information on the role, if you have any further questions email Rosie.Horsfall@mbie.govt.nz referencing MBIE/1398111.
Applications close at 5.00pm, Wednesday 29th May 2019.