Northern Jobs and Skills Hub Recruitment Facilitator | Auckland
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Jobs and Skills Hub Recruitment Facilitator PD.pdf (PDF, 667KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-May-2019|
- Advocate of the trades as a sustainable career choice?
- Passionate about making a real difference to people's lives?
- Experienced in recruitment?
- Full time position – Auckland –Glenfield Based
As the Recruitment Facilitator
Jobs and Skills Hubs have been included as one of a package of initiatives in a government wide initiative called the Construction Skills Action Plan.
Construction is a key industry for the delivery of the Government's priorities and currently the construction industry does not have the skilled domestic workforce needed to build at pace and scale.
Jobs and Skills Hubs are one response to addressing labour and skills shortages. By siting themselves close to large scale construction projects or clusters of projects, Hubs seek to unlock the potential of tapping into a long term stream of employment and career opportunity for communities close to projects, thereby improving inter-generational economic and social wellbeing in those communities.
As the Recruitment Facilitator this role plays a key part of the wider Jobs and Skills Hub and operates under the Hubs vision and values alongside a variety of key stakeholders. This role will be a key pillar for a 'one stop shop' service approach for industry in relation to on-site training, promoting the investment in industry training and being a voice for trainee and employer needs. With a focus on individuals who are at various stages of seeking employment, this role is to oversee, facilitate and co-ordinate recruitment activities to ensure workforce development needs are met. There is a clear focus on remaining learner and employer centric in delivery and support including alignment to pastoral care of learners.
This also is a fantastic opportunity to truly collaborate with numerous organisations that contribute to a Jobs and Skills Hub, all sharing the passion to tap into term employment and careers offered by Auckland's major construction developments and connect and support local jobseekers into those jobs and careers.
Skills and experience required:
We are keen to hear from you if you have:
- Minimum 2 years recruitment experience with a passion for recruitment and seeing people progress in life
- Experience with online recruitment tools, as well as good numerical and analytical skills
- Detailed knowledge and experience in providing a comprehensive range of employment products and services
- Promotional/marketing skills and an understanding of key strategies and approaches
- Strong relationship management skills; builds and sustains relationships through respect for individuals, open communication and displaying sensitivity towards people
- Sound business writing and verbal communication skills, including well-developed presentation skills
- Experience working with youth to support them in to the world of work, mature workers looking to change careers paths or enter the work force
- Demonstrates initiative and ownership, taking action before being asked and proactively makes suggestions on how to improve things at work
- High level of attention to detail with the ability to maintain focus on priorities and work well under pressure
- Able to embrace change and deal with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Clean driver's license
- Good level of IT skills
- Must be a NZ citizen or hold a residence class visa
Why work for us?
Developing our staff is a key focus for MBIE. We aim to create a culture where staff are empowered to bring fresh perspectives to issues and to think outside the box. Being the largest policy shop in NZ, MBIE offers significant opportunity for developing experience across a broad variety of areas. We encourage excellence and proactively support development through on-the-job learning, training courses, conferences and seminars, development programmes, secondments, rotations to other branches and study opportunities.
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
This role is part of the Sector Workforce Engagement Programme (SWEP) which supports businesses to invest and grow through better ways of accessing reliable, appropriately skilled staff at the right time and place. The intention of SWEP is for government and industry partners to work together to identify and develop solutions that achieve both business and government objectives.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Sarah Frost at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1397426 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on May 26th 2019