Solicitor/Senior Solicitor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Position Description Solicitor 2 - August 2016.pdf (PDF, 337KB)
Position Description Snr Solicitor 2 - August 2016 (2).pdf (PDF, 346KB)
|Application Close Date:||30-May-2019|
- Solicitors/Senior Solicitors required to join our in-house legislation team
- Permanent Wellington Based or Fixed term/secondment opportunities (6 or 11 months)
- Challenging and Varied Role in a Dynamic Environment
- Applications from graduates welcome
About the role.
MBIE is one of New Zealand's largest, most influential and most diverse public sector agencies. This means that we are able to offer significant opportunities for developing experience across a broad variety of subject areas.
Three exciting opportunities have arisen for a Solicitor or Senior Solicitor to join the Legislation team within the legal branch at MBIE. One opportunity is a permanent Solicitor role and the other opportunities are fixed term positions for either a Solicitor or Senior Solicitor (both covering external secondments to other Government agencies). Applications from Graduates are welcomed.
In both roles you will support the Ministry, as well as Ministers and select committees, and work closely with the Parliamentary Counsel Office in order to deliver the Government's legislation programme.
Skills and experience required:
We are keen to hear from you if you have:
- A tertiary qualification in law and a current practising certificate (or be eligible to hold one)
- An excellent knowledge of public law and a solid understanding of the mechanisms of government
- A keen interest in the Parliamentary process and the development of primary and secondary legislation
- Strong legal technical skills
- A strong client service attitude, with excellent relationship management skills
- Well-developed written and verbal communication abilities, which allow you to convey key ideas and issues in a way that is suitable to the audience
- Enthusiasm, drive and a proactive nature
- The legal right to live and work in NZ
About the team:
The Legal Services branch was established in 2012 with the establishment of MBIE and sits within the Corporate, Governance and Information Group. The Legal Services branch is responsible for the full range of legal functions, including commercial advice, litigation, operational advice and advice on the development of legislation.
Why work for us?
We aim to create a culture where our people are empowered to bring fresh perspectives to issues and to develop new approaches. Our collaborative team encourages a positive, customer focussed, innovative and best in class attitude. We are a fun, focused and supportive team who works hard to deliver excellence to our customer groups.
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Jo Smith at email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1397215 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on 30th May 2019.