Director, Regulatory Partners | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD Director Regulatory Partners.pdf (PDF, 129KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-May-2019|
- How do you go about building better regulatory partnerships?
- Lead from the front and help MBIE realise its ambition to be a world-leading building system regulatory steward
- Flexible work conditions available – work in the way that suits you, your work and your life!
Ensuring that the building regulatory system supports New Zealand's social and economic aspirations is a very big undertaking, but at MBIE such challenges are what drives us. It's a place where if you see an opportunity to make things better and to enhance the system, you're empowered to act on that opportunity.
The Building System Performance Branch (BSP) is the Government's lead advisor on the building regulatory system and we want to be world-leading. We need to work in a cross-system, collaborative way with regulatory partners and the building sector and we are focused on innovative ways of working to support us to do this.
As the Director, Regulatory Partners your role will be about:
- helping BSP to build and maintain strategic relationships with regulatory partners in the building regulatory system.
- ensuring strong strategic relationships and feedback loops with regulatory partners are built and maintained, both across building system regulatory functions and teams within MBIE and externally, in particular with occupational licensing bodies and building consent authorities.
You will need to have a real sense of vision in this role, and the leadership skills to motivate and influence others without authority. You must be someone who makes things happen, someone who fosters an open, collaborative environment that encourages quality, innovation, ongoing learning and knowledge sharing.
In addition you will:
- Be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of regulatory frameworks and levers
- Have experience leading through change and/or managing in an ambiguous environment
- Have experience in shaping work programme agendas and priorities
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- The proven ability to work across functions with at times competing priorities and agendas
It's a unique opportunity to make your mark and help shape a regulatory system that has an impact on all New Zealanders.
Come work with smart and driven people that want to make a difference
MBIE is an incredibly diverse organisation, employing more than 4,000 people across a range of roles. We share a commitment to growing New Zealand for all. We create opportunities for our people to gain experience in different parts of our organisation. As stated above, we are committed to providing more contemporary, flexible ways of working so our people can work in a way that best suits them, their work and their life. That includes giving our people more choice about when, how and where they work.
Click on the APPLY button below in order to start the online application process. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
We welcome your questions and enquiries - to discuss please contact Marg by email Marg.Kennedy@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1397213.
Applications close on 28 May 2019
To be eligible to apply you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.