Senior Business Analyst - 6 and 12 month FTC | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Operational Policy - Senior Business Analyst PD.pdf (PDF, 334KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-May-2019|
- Exciting opportunity at the interface between immigration policy and visa processing
- Apply your excellent writing, analysis, and decision-making skills to the implementation of policy decisions
- 2 x FTC/Secondment positions - 6 & 12 Months in length.
About the role:
In Operational Policy, we work across Immigration New Zealand and MBIE to ensure the immigration system runs smoothly. Whether it's new policies the Government needs to implement, continuous improvement initiatives or suggestions from one of our frontline teams, we turn these into action.
We size and scope requests, then operationalise them by updating our immigration instructions, website, forms and guides, standard operating procedures for frontline staff, or liaising with ICT and our vendors to change systems.
As a Senior Business Analyst in the Operational Policy team, you will be expected to take a proactive approach to your work, which will include:
- The analysis, design and implementation of policy changes.
- Writing immigration instructions and a variety of communications.
- The analysis and design of business improvements.
- Maintaining various immigration products.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships and influence across INZ and MBIE.
To see the immigration instructions, go to www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual.
To be successful, you will have:
- Excellent writing skills, particularly the ability to explain complex issues in simple terms to a wide variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of New Zealand's immigration operating environment or relevant experience in a similar position.
- Understanding or experience with business process design and analysis.
- Good attention to detail.
- The ability to work within a team environment and establish working relationships with stakeholders inside and outside the organisation.
- You will also hold a tertiary qualification or possess equivalent experience in business process design.
- Knowledge of the New Zealand public sector and the mechanics of government.
- Good knowledge of legislative frameworks is an advantage.
- Applicants must have NZ Citizenship or hold a residence class visa.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Matt Newman-Hall on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1396753 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm Monday 27th of May 2019