Principal Business Advisor | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD Principal Advisor Business Services May 2019.pdf (PDF, 354KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-May-2019|
- Join a growing, energetic and passionate team
- Opportunity to lead projects that will deliver legislative and regulatory change
- Be part of the biggest reform of the building regulatory system in the last 15 years
Play your part in shaping one of New Zealand's major sectors that employs 250,000 workers and is set to contribute more than $41 billion to New Zealand's economy by 2023.
We are the stewards and the central regulator of New Zealand's building system. Our role is to work with sector stakeholders to deliver fit-for-purpose, future focussed building regulation that protects people's safety and property, promotes sustainability and strengthens the performance of the building industry.
About the role
You will partner with the Business Manager to drive the agenda and set direction for the business management functions of the branch. You will play a lead role in enhancing the overall capability of the teams and lead Building System Performance group relationships with the corporate centre to delivery business management functions.
As Principal Business Advisor you will influence key stakeholders through effective engagement and communication. You will provide strategic advice and governance support to the GM and branch leadership team. No day will be the same - you will lead projects to deliver branch input to central planning, policy, accountability documents, performance, reporting, risk management, business continuity and continuous improvement processes.
Skills and Experience for the role
- Expertise in strategic thinking and developing effective frameworks
- A strong understanding of, and demonstrated experience with, managing processes that underpin the operations of the public sector environment, including policy development, Cabinet and Parliamentary processes, accountability and reporting
- Enjoy getting to the heart of an issue quickly, generating ideas and solving problems
- Have the ability and keen interest in leading, coaching and developing others
- Effectively influence others and work collaboratively
- Think it's important to be able to work in a flexible way that suits you, your work and your life
Come work with smart and driven people that want to make a difference
MBIE is an incredibly diverse organisation, employing more than 4,000 people across a range of roles. We share a commitment to growing New Zealand for all. We create opportunities for our people to gain experience in different parts of our organisation. As stated above, we are committed to providing more contemporary, flexible ways of working so our people can work in a way that best suits them, their work and their life. That includes giving our people more choice about when, how and where they work.
Click on the APPLY button below in order to start the online application process. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process. We welcome your questions and enquiries - to discuss please contact Marg by email Marg.Kennedy@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1396496.
Applications close on Monday 27 May 2019
To be eligible to apply you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.