Business Immigration Specialist - Immigration New Zealand | Porirua
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Business Migration - Business Immigration Specialist PD.pdf (PDF, 336KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-May-2019|
- Make decisions on high impact, high value migrants to NZ
- Looking for critical thinkers with excellent writing skills
- Porirua based position
- Permanent, full time opportunity
About the role:
As the Business Immigration Specialist, on a day-to-day basis you will be reviewing files, crafting reports and making decisions on work and residence applications from people from all over the world under business investor, entrepreneur and other high value immigration categories. You'll balance the human factors along with policy, and make a real difference to New Zealand.
Skills and experience required:
- Strong analysis and critical thinking skills
- Quality decision making skills and effective risk management ability
- Ability to establish priorities, manage multiple cases and meet deadlines
- Able to build and maintain stakeholder relationships
- Able to synthesise and draw conclusions from large amounts of complex information and business proposals
- Excellent self-management skills, able to work autonomously
- A background in banking/finance/insurance would be beneficial (but not essential)
- Business experience or understanding of business documentation
- Tertiary qualification
Salary starts from $60 - $70K depending on experience
Why work for us?
Immigration New Zealand is seeking people from a range of backgrounds to join our team. The work is varied with an international flavour. It will appeal if you are an analytical and critical thinker with good communication and writing skills and interested in applying public policy.
In this role you will work in a supportive and collaborative team environment and enjoy flexible work hours. You will have opportunities to learn, grow and progress.
Our Porirua Office has over 100 staff and we are seeking people who would enjoy and benefit working in this location. The work environment is modern with automated ergonomic desks and break out spaces.
About MBIE/Immigration New Zealand:
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow New Zealand's economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. Immigration New Zealand has an active role in this by bringing the best people New Zealand needs to prosper.
We look for people who are passionate about New Zealand and enthusiastic about making a positive change to our economy, our people and our safety.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our MBIE careers website. Here you can view the attached full position description, as well as complete the online application. Please attach a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be formally submitted via the online application process.
Refer to the attached position description for further details on the role, if you have any further questions email Rosie Horsfall at Rosie.Horsfall@mbie.govt.nz referencing MBIE/1396210
Note: Applicants must possess NZ Citizenship or a permanent resident class visa.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 24th May 2019.