Senior Research & Data Analyst | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Research and Data Analyst CGI OCE.pdf (PDF, 376KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-May-2019|
- Are you a keen quantitative researcher with an interest in the economy?
- Does the idea of developing and enhancing data tools fill you with joy?
- Does the acronym LBD get you up in the morning?
About the roles:
The Senior Research & Data Analyst roles report to the Manager of the Business & Economic Development team within the Evidence & Insights branch.
The team has traditionally been responsible for producing evidence, insights and data exploratory and visualisation tools that support Government, the tourism industry, regional development, and sectoral development. We have two Senior Research & Data Analyst roles in the team. Across the two roles we need people with the capability to develop computational tools that work for naïve users and / or undertake quantitative research in regards to enduring questions of economic significance.
A Senior Research & Data Analyst, regardless of their focus, will be able to communicate comfortably with a wide range of stakeholders. They will be a natural relationship manager, with an ability to engage and support staff to help further strengthen understanding and awareness across MBIE. They will also have a commitment to innovation and continuous improvement and generating new ideas and ways of doing things.
Skills and Experience:
We are keen to hear from you if you have (several of the following):
- Experience in applying data science methods
- Confidence programming in R and executing SQL queries
- Extensive quantitative research experience
- Experience with using the LBD
- Previous public sector experience is preferred but not essential
- An ability to convey content in a jargon free way that engages and meets the needs of the audience
- The ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships and to develop trust and credibility with senior managers, staff and key internal and external stakeholders
- A proactive, can-do attitude with a high level of initiative, sound judgement and discretion
- Exceptional teamwork and collaborative abilities and a willingness to share knowledge and expertise with others
- Highly developed communication and writing skills
Why work for us:
MBIE is one of New Zealand's largest, most influential and most diverse public sector agencies. This means that we are able to offer significant opportunities for developing experience across a broad variety of areas.
We aim to create a culture where our people are empowered to bring fresh ideas and perspectives and to develop new approaches.
We also take the time to foster a work environment that is enjoyable for all. This means we like to collaborate, support and encourage our people, encourage excellence and innovation and take the time to have some fun and celebrate our successes.
Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or New Zealand permanent residents.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Please e-mail Sarah Frost at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions quoting reference MB1395960.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday the 26th of May 2019.