Support Officer | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Immigration Resolutions - Support Officer PD.pdf (PDF, 333KB)
|Application Close Date:||30-Apr-2019|
- Do you have an eye for detail, superb organisational skills and the ability to work independently?
- Fixed term role until end of June 2020 - Located in Wellington CBD
- Part-time position (20 hours per week)
- Starting salary range $43,000 - $50,000 pro-rata (dependent on skills and experience)
About the role:
An opportunity has come about for an organised and motivated Support Officer to join Immigration Resolutions, Service Design and Performance Group, Immigration New Zealand (INZ) on a fixed term contract until end of June 2020. This role is for 20 hours per week.
Immigration Resolutions team members are responsible for investigating, analysing and preparing well-ordered and timely case summaries, submissions, assessments and correspondence; and identifying applicable legislative, policy and procedural requirements.
The team also administers INZ's Complaints and Feedback Policy and Process, provides expertise on complex decision making and contributes insights and analysis of issues to assist INZ to become a learning organisation.
This role is assisting with timely and accurate complaint management for the Central Feedback Team and Complaints and Solutions Team. You will provide a range of proactive administrative support across the branch including file management and data entry.
What we offer
- Enjoy the challenges associated with completing administration work in an efficient and timely manner
- Work within a supportive team
- Gain experience within Immigration New Zealand
Skills and experience required:
- A good standard of computer literary and accurate data entry skills.
- Excellent file management and organisational skills.
- Proven time management skills with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- A flexible and responsive approach with the ability to understand and follow standard operating procedures.
- A strong customer focus.
- Must be a NZ citizen or hold a residence class visa.
Why work for us?
If you have skills and experience in administrative support then this is the job for you. You will mainly be supporting the Central Feedback Team and Complaints and Solutions Team but will also be expected to provide support for other teams and managers within Service, Design and Performance if needed. You will get a real understanding of Immigration New Zealand and the role that Service, Design and Performance plays within it.
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Matt at email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1393337 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm 30th of April