Authority Officer - Employment Relations Authority | Auckland
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Authority Officer Market Services PD.pdf (PDF, 116KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Apr-2019|
- Do you have case management and administration experience?
- Auckland location
- 7 month fixed term opportunity
An opportunity has come about for an Authority Officer to join the Employment Relations Authority (ERA) support team within the Employment Services branch of MBIE. The position is fixed term for 7 months to cover for parental leave.
As an Authority Officer you will provide quality case management, administration and operational support to the ERA members to assist them to carry out their functions efficiently.
While you will not be deciding applications, you will have a key role in ensuring that files are actively managed, that parties are dealt with respectfully and that members of the ERA are provided with the case management support that they need to progress matters to a determination.
The successful candidate will have:
- A high standard of written and oral communication skills
- A high standard of organisational skills and ability to prioritise time and workload
- The ability to interpret legal documents and/or apply legislation
- Conceptual and analytical skills needed to critically assess issues for the purpose of case management and administration
- Some understanding of the New Zealand employment relations system
- A knowledge of computers, Microsoft products and understanding of databases
Salary is likely to be in the range of $50, 000 to $52, 000 depending on experience.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please click the ‘Apply Now' button. This will redirect you to our MBIE Careers page where you can register, download the full job description and submit your application by filling out the application form and attaching your CV and Cover Letter outlining your suitability for the role.
Please refer to the attached job description for further information on the role, if you have any further questions email Rosie.Horsfall@mbie.govt.nz referencing MBIE/1393093
Applications close 5pm, Sunday 28 April 2019