Senior Business Analyst | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Projects and Portfolio Management - Senior Business Analyst PD.pdf (PDF, 122KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Apr-2019|
- Permanent role / great career opportunity
- Work on significant high profile projects
- Great team culture
- Flexible work and benefits
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced business focused Business Analyst to join the Service Design & Performance group within Immigration New Zealand.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a Senior Business Analysis Role preferably in a business non-technical capacity
- Tertiary qualification in business or related discipline (or knowledge equivalent).
- Proven analytical and research skills.
- Manage initial scope through to detailed design including management of workshops.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to mentor others
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including users, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Advanced level of competence in Microsoft office products such as Word, Excel and Visio.
- Have an understanding of project management principles and methodology.
- Knowledge of a lean & agile and other IT related principles is preferred
The Projects & Portfolio Management team is responsible for the management and implementation of strategic projects across Immigration NZ. The The Senior Business Analyst will bring their Business understanding and perspective to work in partnership with their manager and other staff.
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for development of options and solutions for business problems and opportunities to enhance core processes that will improve the customer experience. They will also provide guidance and mentoring for their team members. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate their ability to lead the definition of functional and non-functional requirements and producing detailed analysis and design.
About MBIE/Immigration New Zealand:
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow New Zealand's economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. Immigration New Zealand has an active role in this by bringing the best people New Zealand needs to prosper.
At Immigration NZ, it all starts with our people. The organization's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. Our business has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean that our systems & processes we know today will not be the ones we deliver in digitally led reality of tomorrow.
The core function of the Service, Design & Performance group is to provide strategic leadership of system
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. Here you can view the full position description, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line advertisement.
If you would like more information please email email@example.com apply on the link quoting the job reference MBIE/1392931
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 28th of April 2018 - All applicants must hold citizenship or residency