General Manager Finance Systems & Control | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - GM Finance Systems Control March 2019.pdf (PDF, 455KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Apr-2019|
- Lead and deliver technology advancements to drive business efficiency
- Diverse and challenging operating environment
- Wellington Based Permanent Opportunity
About the role
As part of the Finance + Performance senior leadership team the General Manager – Finance Systems & Control role requires a passion for excellence in technical projects, controls environment and a focus on continuous improvement and consistency of practice in delivery.
As the General Manager – Finance Systems & Control you will be an inspiring leader driving the centre of excellence model for MBIE's financial control environment. You will help set the direction, and lead and promote collaboration across the Ministry to help achieve its strategic plan and stated outcomes.
You will support the Ministry by delivering the Ministry's finance system strategy and preparing the Ministry for future technology driven controls and processes.
We value innovation, thought leadership, and our key principles and values underpin all that we do. You will lead your team to bring these behaviours to life and ensure that Finance + Performance deliver quality financial advice and support services across MBIE.
Skills and Experience
We are looking for a leader with:
- A strategic thinker who is able to make the connections between various aspects of the organisation and implications for their business unit
- Strong analytical, strategic and planning skills as well as being commercially savvy
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining an environment focused on continuous improvement to enhance organisational performance
- Strong experience with balance, control, risk management and integrity
- Strong team player and ability to collaborate and contribute at senior leadership team level
- High standards of professionalism and performance driven ability to establish and maintain successful working relationships
- Experience in leading successful change initiatives
- Strong background in effective operating model designs and implementation
- 10+ years' experience in senior Finance System roles (Private or Public Sector)
Why should you join us?
- We promote a culture where staff are empowered to bring fresh perspectives to issues, to think outside the box and contribute to continuous improvement.
- We offer significant opportunities for developing experience across a very broad variety of areas.
- Our collaborative team encourages a positive, customer focussed, innovative and best in class attitude.
- You'll get to work across a diverse government portfolio, supporting the organisations leaders with trusted finance tools and controls
- The MBIE Finance + Performance group is on a path to be excellent and recognised as such by its stakeholders.
About the Ministry
The Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is a large complex 24/7 global organisation with 28 offices globally and over 4,000 staff with 3,600 employed within New Zealand and a further 500 working internationally.
The Finance + Performance Group is on a journey to become a genuinely outstanding function that is recognised as such by its stakeholders. In this role you will help guide our direction as we continue on that journey.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Jo Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1392910 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on 28th April 2019.