Support Officer | Hamilton
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description- Support Officer.pdf (PDF, 327KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Apr-2019|
- Based in Central Hamilton
- Be part of a busy Visa Services Office team in a fast service delivery environment
- Starting salary 42,744 per annum
What we're looking for
As a Support Officer you'll help grow New Zealand for all by providing vital administration support for a team of officers processing visa applications.
You have a ‘can do attitude' and the skills and experience to:
- Provide data entry and document management services in a busy environment
- Effectively manage your own workflow to meet business requirements
- Apply common sense, logical thinking skills and flexibility
- Work effectively with your manager and colleagues to achieve team goals and meet customer expectations
- Build positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Pay close attention to details and have a high level of accuracy
- Problem solve and think outside the box
We'd love to hear from self-starters who want to be the best and deliver the best outcomes for New Zealand. In return you can expect to receive regular development support and training that builds your skills.
Let's create the future together.
Please apply with your CV as well as a cover letter highlighting your ability to use the information in the job description to show your skills and experience to the hiring panel.
Why work for us?
At Immigration New Zealand you'll have the chance to make a real impact. Our mission? To work with international organisations and industry partners to improve border security and make immigration easier for our customers. We also lead Government strategy designed to help migrants – including refugees – make New Zealand their home.
We're part of the Ministry of Business, Immigration and Employment (MBIE), a future-focused organisation working to grow a strong, high-performing New Zealand economy. Our diverse range of functions and international reach means real career pathways, both within Immigration New Zealand and MBIE as a whole. That's underpinned by regular development and training, and a culture that supports flexible working.
Applicants must be NZ citizens or hold a residence class visa.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1392900 if you have any further questions
Applications close 5pm Sunday 28th April 2019