Data Analyst | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Data Analyst SDR Apr 2019 (2).pdf (PDF, 410KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Apr-2019|
- An opportunity to use your analytical skills as an integral part of a team implementing new smart, effective science investment processes
- An interest in science will enable you to gain insights on the data you are working with so you can work with others to influence the way we use data to improve our investments
- Work with smart people across the science sector to deliver benefits for New Zealand
- An opportunity to be part of the implementation of the Research, Science and Innovation Domain Plan which will improve the coordination of data and information and to lay the framework for developing a system-wide data infrastructure.
We are seeking a data analyst with good analytical skills.
- develop tools, reports and analysis that tell MBIE's science investment story and support the effective management of our investment and monitoring processes
- be bright and curious—someone who can look beyond the obvious and present a credible, evidenced based interpretation of the underpinning information
- be a champion for data integrity and using quantitative information to steer operational practice and monitoring of performance
- use your excellent relationship management skills to enable you to work effectively across diverse issues and with a variety of teams.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for MBIE as the National Statement of Science Investment is being implemented.
We are a significant investor in New Zealand's science system as part of our commitment to grow New Zealand for all.
All applicants must be New Zealand citizens or hold a residence class visa.
To apply for this position, please click the ‘Apply Now' button. This will allow you to view the position description, register your details and submit your application for this vacancy.
To find out more about this position, please refer to the Position Description attached to the advert on the MBIE careers centre or contact Fi Sanderson on Fi.Sanderson@mbie.govt.nz referencing MBIE/1392760.
Applications close on Thursday 25 April 2019.