Senior Engagement & Comms Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Engagement and Comms Advisor (2).pdf (PDF, 100KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Apr-2019|
- Full-time, permanent role
- Based in Wellington CBD, Stout Street.
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. These aspirations are echoed in our Māori identity – Hīkina Whakatutuki – which broadly means ‘lifting to make successful'.
MBIE backs New Zealand's talent, ideas and business enterprise through ensuring safe and fair workplaces, supporting regional economic development, developing and supporting the science and innovation system, and streamlining regulation.
About the roles
At MBIE, we look for people who are passionate about New Zealand and enthusiastic about making a positive change to our economy, our people and our safety. The opportunity has now arisen for an experienced communications and engagement professional to support our work in the Immigration portfolio. As well as supporting internal customers, you will also help provide high quality communications support to Ministerial offices and deal with media inquiries. It's a fast-paced and challenging environment but a rewarding one.
You will need to bring
You will work with a broad variety of stakeholders, including Ministers' offices, the media and external counterparts in other public services agencies. You will need to be people focused and thrive under pressure, and have a proactive approach wanting to deliver best practice communication solutions.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience in designing and delivering engagement strategies and plans.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking to engage and connect with a broad variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain constructive and effective relationships at all levels.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced complex environment with a strong degree of agility and flexibility.
- Strong proven experience on providing customer focused solutions and services.
- Understanding of Government decision-making and operating procedures.
- Ability to set priorities and manage time effectively.
If this role sounds like you, and you would like to join an organisation that works to better support connect and strengthen businesses, then we would like to hear from you.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Sarah Frost at email@example.com quoting ref MBIE1392641 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday the 28th of April 2019.