Investment Coordinator | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| JD - Investment Coordinator Apr 2019 FINAL (1).pdf (PDF, 452KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Apr-2019|
- Opportunity to support the investment of high-quality economic, social and environmental outcomes for New Zealand
- Take on a challenging and varied role where you can use your fantastic relationship, coordination and business process skills
- Customer service focused role with the support of a hardworking and supportive team
About the role
An exciting opportunity has come about for a motivated person to join the Investment Operations Team in the Science System Investment and Performance Branch as an Investment Coordinator, within the Labour, Science and Enterprise (LSE) group.
As an Investment Coordinator you will coordinate and support the business processes across Science, or Economic Development investment portfolios within a dynamic environment.
You will take the lead to coordinate various funding processes, reviews and partnership mechanisms by providing professional relationship management, financial management, contract management and efficient business processes.
Your role includes the following tasks:
- Work with fund leads to lead the implementation of process support for investment processes including contestable and negotiated mechanisms.
- Contribute to the development of application documents and guidelines, online portal application forms and assessment systems, contract administration and review processes.
- Coordinate and support assessment processes for funding applications and contract reviews.
- Management of contracting and payment processing with successful applicants.
- Lead the planning, coordination and implementation of contract reviews and variations to contracts.
- Guide and mentor other investment coordinators to improve their technical knowledge and expertise.
- Work within the Ministry's Investment Management System (IMS) to configure investment process and provide customer support for users of the system.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- Proven track record of experience in best practice grants and investment processing support
- The ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally) with a wide range of stakeholders, both internal and external
- Ability to manage positive relationships at all levels in the organisation
- Have an eye for detail and a high level of accuracy
- Be comfortable with ambiguity that change brings as we remain agile to a changing funding environment
- A proactive, solutions focused work style and a strong customer service focus
- Some knowledge of the science system is beneficial but not essential
We work collaboratively within the branch and with others in MBIE, other Government agencies, and stakeholders in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. We recognise a common set of team values that promote a fun positive team culture that values professionalism, respect, accountability and communication. Diversity is highly valued and managers work hard to ensure that all staff are given opportunities to develop their skills and expertise.
How to Apply
All applicants must be New Zealand citizens or hold a residence class visa.
Click on the APPLY button below where a position description is also available. Your application must include your CV and a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Fi Sanderson on Fi.Sanderson@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1392167 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 22 April 2019.