Principal Advisor - Information and Education - Employment | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description Principal Advisor IE Employment - April 2019.pdf (PDF, 134KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Apr-2019|
- Do you have experience in engaging and managing stakeholders to achieve win-win outcomes?
- Do you have strong experience in developing and implementing marketing and communications strategies?
- Do you enjoy making sure that digital channels are highly effective in getting messages across?
- Are you all about the positive customer experience?
About the role
The Employment Services is seeking an experienced and energetic Principal Advisor to deliver key information and education about employment legislations across diverse channels. The role includes developing and implementing stakeholder engagement, marketing and communications strategies, managing and writing content for a range of audiences, advising on how to provide the most effective end-to-end customer experiences, and implementing digital initiatives.
You will help the Information and Education manager build and enhance the overall capability of the team to develop, implement and measure innovative engagement, digital, marketing and communications strategies and ensure quality and consistency of advice and practices in relation to its work. The role requires highly strategic thinking and technical savvy knowledge regarding complex employment issues as well as highly developed project management skills to deliver projects successfully.
The successful applicants will contribute to the Information and Education team, providing high quality advice and services, and finding innovative solutions for planning and delivering key information and education to the employment system.
Skills and experience required:
- Strategic thinking regarding complex issues.
- Strong influencing, interpersonal and stakeholder engagement (internal and external) experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to translate legislation, policy or technical guidance into plain English.
- Experience in writing articles, presentations, social media posts and web content for a range of audiences.
- Experience in developing and implement communications plans.
- Experience in planning, developing, implementing and measuring information and education strategies across multiple channels.
- Significant project management experience.
- Current knowledge and experience of the technical aspects of web, social media and social marketing.
- Experience in managing development of digital tolls.
- Willingness to work in a flexible and dynamic environment.
- Preferably knowledge and understanding of working in a government agency and with the non-government sector.
- Must have legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
A tertiary qualification with at least 7 years' experience in senior roles in marketing or communications role is highly desirable.
We're looking for a Principal Advisor who is passionate about influencing stakeholders, delivering a positive customer experiences to our diverse audiences, and enjoys finding innovative and effective solutions. We want a versatile, high performing individual to help lead our information and education team and contribute to an engaged and fast-moving team and organisation.
MBIE is the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We do this by working with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improving job opportunities and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Rosie.Horsfall@mbie.govt.nz referencing MBIE/1391746 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at the end of the day on 26 April 2019.