Identity Resolution Specialist - Immigration New Zealand | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Identity Services Identity Resolution Specialist - CRIS INZ 2016.pdf (PDF, 344KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Apr-2019|
- Opportunity to utilise your knowledge of biometrics and identity management
- Undertake facial image comparison tasks of a complex nature
- Wellington CBD location
- Fixed term through to April 2020
- Starting salary circa $60k - $65k per annum
About the role.
This is an excellent career development opportunity to gain experience in an evolving and exciting area of biometrics: face image comparison.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Manual resolution of complex facial comparison cases
- Reviewing, resolving and linking client information
- Engage in training/mentoring programme to ensure facial comparison skill set develops
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have;
- Knowledge of or interest in biometrics, identity management and facial image comparison techniques
- A proactive and action oriented nature and an appreciation of quality service delivery
- A high attention to and keen eye for detail
- Ability to remain focused while delivering consistent, accurate results
- Intermediate experience using computer technology
There is some flexibility in working hours, but you may be required to perform shift work to meet business needs. Typical shifts will be 8.30am to 4.30pm and/or 12.00pm to 8.00pm and/or 3:00pm to 11:00pm.
Please note you will be required to work over the Christmas/New Year period and must be available to commence work by 27 May 2019 or earlier.
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
Why work for us?
At MBIE, we look for people who are passionate about New Zealand and enthusiastic about making a positive change to our economy, our people and our safety.
Compliance, Risk and Intelligence Services (CRIS) sits within Immigration New Zealand, a business group within the Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment and is tasked with preventing and responding to immigration related offending and non-compliance. We develop and provide products and services that support quality decisions throughout the organisation, ensuring that risk is managed at the earliest point in the immigration process.
How to apply:
To apply for this role, click on the “Apply Now” button to be redirected to the MBIE Careers site, here you can read and download the full position description. Please apply directly online, complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role.
Email Rosie.Horsfall@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1391581 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5.00pm, Friday 26th April 2019.