Principal Procurement Specialist | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Principal Procurement Specialist.pdf (PDF, 431KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Apr-2019|
- Use your extensive supplier relationship, contract and category management experience
- Be actively involved in complex All of Government procurement solutions
- Mentor and coach Senior Procurement Specialists
The Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) team within New Zealand Government Procurement & Property (NZGPP) branch has an opportunity for an exceptional procurement professional to be actively involved in the management of complex and challenging All of Government (AoG) contracts and progressing SRM principles and processes.
Interested? Read on.
As a Principal Procurement Specialist you will provide direction on complex, commercial, supplier and contract management matters. You will have considerable procurement expertise, business acumen and perspective, and the ability to provide strategic procurement advice. You will ensure that NZGPP takes a holistic and informed approach to supplier relationship management and that we achieve the best commercial outcomes for government.
Supporting the Supplier Relationship Managers you will be actively involved in coaching and mentoring Senior Procurement Specialists and Procurement Specialists managing AoG contracts and suppliers and undertaking category reviews.
If this sounds like you, and you have the following skills and experience, this could be the role you've been waiting for.
- Considerable procurement, contract management and commercial experience within government, a regulatory environment or the private sector
- Superior ability to critically analyse complex commercial, contractual and procurement situations and to recommend and design robust strategies and solutions
- Considerable experience in delivering holistic benefits throughout the procurement lifecycle.
- Demonstrable experience of managing significant programmes of work
- Very strong understanding and experience in managing contracts
- Superior communication skills both written and oral
- Superior relationship management skills at senior levels within organisations
- High degree of political nous and a working knowledge of the machinery of government
- Considerable experience in developing, mentoring and coaching staff in achieving their potential
- Significant experience in influencing and negotiating with stakeholders, suppliers, and senior managers and driving innovation, added value and benefit realisation
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; demonstrated by credibility, personal or collaborative influence, managing expectations and targeted persuasion
- Considerable experience in dealing with change in a complex and dynamic environment
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Lapulou Mo'ale at Lapulou.Moale@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1391170 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm Sunday, 28 April 2019