Senior Content Designer | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Content Designer PD.pdf (PDF, 367KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Apr-2019|
- Write and manage effective content for a key public-facing Government website
- Work in a varied and challenging policy environment
- Take a customer-focused approach to content
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team that plays a lead role in INZ's external communications to the millions of people around the world who want to visit, work, live or study in New Zealand. Previous experience of writing for the web in a government context, and maintaining and planning website content and production are necessary for this role.
- Be responsible for managing the day-to-day content requirements on the website
- Provide expertise and support to other INZ teams developing shared information content
- Collaborate closely with the Senior Content Strategist to structure, create, design and edit content for the INZ website
- Ensure that evidence-based customer experience results in high quality content that complies with Government web standards
Why work for us?
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
Immigration New Zealand (INZ) is one of seven business groups at MBIE and is responsible for issuing visas to foreign nationals. INZ also works with international organisations and industry partners to improve border security, and takes a leadership role in attracting migrants to settle in New Zealand.
Our Operational Policy team sits in the heart of Immigration New Zealand, and has significant influence on the future direction of a range of immigration initiatives. Whether it's new policies the Government needs to implement, continuous improvement initiatives or suggestions from one of our frontline teams, we turn these into action. We operationalise changes by updating our immigration instructions, website, forms and guides, standard operating procedures for frontline staff and liaising with ICT and our vendors to change systems.
All Applicants must hold NZ Citizenship or Residency.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Applications Close 5pm 28th of April 2019
Email Matt Newman-Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1391135 if you have any further questions.