Immigration Officer | Auckland
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| IO Position Description - Immigration Officer.pdf (PDF, 348KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Apr-2019|
- Start your career with Immigration New Zealand
- Permanent full-time position. Options for flexible working available
- Based in the Manukau Transport Hub - Starting in June 2019
What does this role involve?
Not everyone has the ability to see below the surface of information presented. However with your eye for detail and analytical skills complimented by your natural passion for New Zealand and enthusiasm for making positive changes, an exciting career within Immigration New Zealand could be waiting for you.
As an Immigration Officer you will be responsible for processing visa applications, you'll be taking the information available to you and using this to make sound decisions as you process visa applications. You will be interpreting immigration legislation, and utilising your proven analysis, judgement and decision making abilities to make quality immigration decisions. You will use your strong writing and information assessment skills to manage a fast paced processing and case focussed workload.
Skills and experience required:
- Recent experience in a high performance, customer service or service delivery environment
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with proven expertise conveying concepts, policy, and information clearly and concisely to any variable audience
- Computing literacy and aptitude in MS Office applications, and technology generally
- Proven experience in a processing environment
- Time management ability to effectively manage high volume workflow and case loads
- Flexible with working with multiple demands and able to adapt to change on short notice
- Mental agility to learn and apply new learning
- A strong moral compass, and be known to ‘act with integrity' in all you undertake
- A relevant tertiary qualification is advantageous but not essential
- The motivation and willingness to make a positive difference as a proactive team member
We offer extensive on-going on the job training to candidates who are successful in the role.
Base salary from $48- $55K.
About MBIE/Immigration New Zealand:
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow New Zealand's economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. Immigration New Zealand has an active role in this by bringing the best people New Zealand needs to prosper.
The role of Immigration Officer will report within the Visa Services division, and Visa Services is the main processing and operational arm of INZ.
How to apply:
Click the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via the online advertisement.
You will need to complete the online application form. Your CV should highlight your skills, experience and work history while your Cover Letter will be used to assess your writing ability and should convey how you believe your skills and experience relate to the competencies listed in the Job Description. Applications that do not include a tailored cover letter will not be progressed.
The recruitment process will involve a video introduction exercise, a critical thinking exercise, a formal panel interview including a written exercise.
Applicants must be NZ citizens or permanent residents.
Email Matt Newman-Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1390093 if you have any further questions.
Applications close 5pm on Sunday 28th April 2019.