Digital Advisor - Intellectual Property Office of New Zealand | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| PD - Digital Advisor - IPONZ March 2019.pdf (PDF, 132KB)
|Application Close Date:||05-May-2019|
- Are you an experienced content creator, who can create content across digital platforms?
- Are you user experience champion, who can design and advocate for customer experiences?
- Are you inspired by the challenge to come up with innovative and engaging ways to communicate with a range of audiences?
- 12 month fixed-term role, Wellington based
If you're passionate about digital, and experienced in digital content creation and management, then we have an exciting opportunity for you.
We're looking for a Digital Advisor to help us deliver quality content and effective customer experiences across our website and digital platforms.
This role reports to the Stakeholder Engagement Manager, within the Intellectual Property Office of New Zealand (IPONZ). IPONZ is a business unit within the Business Integrity Services branch, which is within the Market Services group.
IPONZ is the government agency responsible for the granting and registration of intellectual property rights, specifically patents, trade marks, designs and plant variety rights. IPONZ operates a 100% online operation and has a reputation for being innovative, focused on ease of doing business in New Zealand and has a strong reputation internationally amongst its peers.
The Stakeholder Engagement Team within IPONZ owns the stakeholder, website and channel strategies for IPONZ and plays an important stakeholder support role for the rest of the IPONZ team. The Stakeholder Engagement Team is proactive and opportunistic in it's out-reach efforts and is responsible for driving the country's IP awareness and moving NZ businesses towards greater IP maturity.
Skills and experience required:
- Demonstrated experience in online content creation for websites and social media, with proven ability to create content that is accessible and usable.
- Skills in communicating complex technical information accurately and clearly so that it is well understood.
- An ability to communicate complex matters persuasively, via written and oral communications, and including presentation skills.
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate digital and social media strategies, standards, policies, processes and procedures.
- Sound knowledge of communications principles.
- Knowledge of web content best practices, including writing for the web, plain language, search engine optimisation, and accessibility.
- An understanding of user experience (UX) principles and best practices.
- Experience in using website analytics to make actionable recommendations for improvement.
- Excellent project and time management skills – able to handle multiple competing projects.
- Proven ability to quickly establish and maintain strong working relationships.
- Up-to-date with latest digital trends, techniques and technologies, with the ability to identify how these can be leveraged in order to improve efficiency, quality and consistency.
- A tertiary qualification is preferable – ideally in a related area (online/digital communications and communications and marketing).
- Must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our MBIE careers website. Here you can view/download a position description at this site, as well as complete the online application, and upload a CV and cover letter.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be formally submitted via the online process.
Email Rosie.Horsfall@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1390061 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday, 5 May 2019.