Senior Programme Coordinator | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Part Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Programme Coordinator - March 2019 FINAL.pdf (PDF, 349KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Apr-2019|
- Be part of a vibrant team to support the investment of high quality economic, social and environmental outcomes for New Zealand
- Take on a challenging role where you can use your specialist planning and programme coordination skills to support the management of complex science investment processes
- Based in Stout Street in Wellington CBD
About the role.
A new exciting opportunity has come about for an experienced and motivated person to join MBIE in the Investment Operations Team as a Senior Programme Coordinator. This role will underpin the smooth operation of the Endeavour Fund, MBIE's largest and most complex science research fund. The role also presents opportunity to shape innovative approaches to how all of MBIE's science investment processes are managed and use your mentoring skills to build coordination capability of your team mates.
Skills and experience required:
We are keen to hear from you if you have:
- Proven experience in planning and coordinating complex funding processes
- A wide ranging knowledge of project and programme management disciplines
- The ability to report and communicate effectively with a wide range of people at all levels
- An ability to work in a flexible environment and be adaptable to change
- A desire to actively mentor and build capability of your colleagues
- An ability to take a strategic view of best practice process management
- A legal right to live and work in NZ
About the team:
The Investment Operations Team sits within the Science System Investment and Performance Branch in Labour Science and Enterprise Group. The Investment Operations Team is responsible for providing specialist business support for making, managing and accessing New Zealand's scientific investments.
Why work for us?
This is a great opportunity to get involved with science initiatives which support government goals in improving environment, social and economic outcomes. Our goal is to use science excellence to generate transformative impact for New Zealand.
MBIE offers significant opportunity for developing experience across a broad variety of areas. Diversity is highly valued and managers work hard to ensure that staff are given opportunities to develop their skills and expertise. We work collaboratively within the branch and with others at MBIE, other Government Agencies and stakeholders.
MBIE is the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We do this by working with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improving job opportunities and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Fi Sanderson at email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1389678 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 22 April.