PA/Team Administrator | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| MBIE - Personal Assistant Team Administrator PD (Generic) - SPA.pdf (PDF, 333KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Apr-2019|
- Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a rewarding and challenging environment?
- Bright modern Wellington CBD offices handy to public transport
- Permanent Opportunity
About the role.
Jointly with other support staff you will be responsible for providing efficient and effective personal assistant and team administration support for the Settlement, Protection and Attraction (SPA) branch in Immigration New Zealand (INZ).
You will be action orientated, with an ability to engage and support the branch. You will be highly motivated, comfortable working in a team and also on your own, and have a commitment to generating new ideas and ways of doing things.
Skills and experience required:
- Someone with a ‘can do' attitude who is proactive and uses their initiative
- The ability to work effectively in a flexible and dynamic team environment
- Someone who is energised by working with a wide range of stakeholders and partners, and can quickly establish and build strong working relationships
- Knowledge of administration systems and processes
- Good written skills that are crisp and show an eye for detail
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple work streams within time constraints
- Experience in project coordination and/or equivalent experience/qualification
- Competence in Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint
- Must hold citizenship or residency to apply for this role as it sits within the Immigration branch of MBIE.
About the team:
The SPA branch sits within INZ. The SPA branch is responsible for services that support businesses and regions to attract and retain migrant skills and labour through delivery of migrant settlement, investment, marketing, refugee, and labour mobility programmes and services.
Why work for us?
MBIE is one of New Zealand's largest, most influential and most diverse public sector agencies. This means that we are able to offer significant opportunities for developing experience across a broad variety of areas.
We aim to create a culture where our people are empowered to bring fresh ideas and perspectives and to develop new approaches.
We also take the time to foster a work environment that is enjoyable for all. This means we like to collaborate, support and encourage our people, encourage excellence and innovation and take the time to have some fun and celebrate our successes.
MBIE is the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We do this by working with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improving job opportunities and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
INZ is a group within MBIE and is the trusted steward of the immigration system. INZ aims to strike the appropriate balance between facilitating the migration our country needs while protecting New Zealand and those who travel here from harm. We support individuals and organisations to use the immigration system effectively, efficiently and appropriately and focus on the need for a robust immigration system and a secure border.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Matt at email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1389662 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on 22 April 2019.