Team Leader Strategy and Evaluation | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD Team Leader - Strategy and Evaluation 2019.pdf (PDF, 356KB)
|Application Close Date:||20-Oct-2019|
- Newly created team leadership role within our Building System Performance group
- Lead and develop a high performing and collaborative team
- Define and drive the strategic work programme for the building system
Be part of the biggest reform of the building regulatory system in the last 15 years. Play your part in shaping one of New Zealand's leading sectors that employs 250,000 workers and is set to contribute more than $41 billion to New Zealand's economy in 2023.
The System Strategy and Performance team is part of the Building System Performance Group and is responsible for developing and maintaining the overarching strategy for the building regulatory system. We do this by carrying out future-focused and fit for purpose research, gathering and analysing data, and monitoring and evaluating performance across the system.
The Building System Performance branch has an exciting and challenging work programme. You will be part of a high profile team focused on responding to key issues and opportunities within the building sector. You will work alongside strategic policy professionals and technical experts to help set the strategy and direction for the building regulatory system, as well as the opportunity to work in a branch with a unique mix of policy and technical expertise.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager System Strategy and Performance you will work with and across the team as well as the wider branch to deliver on our work programme, provide advice and lead work-streams to meet the needs of the business and stakeholder across the system. You will respond to key issues and realise opportunities to improve the performance across the building regulatory system.
You'll enjoy coaching and mentoring your team to help them develop their strategic policy craft and further build their capability and careers. It's a talented team and you'll have fun working together to deal with a range of really complex issues, applying critical thinking and challenging the status quo. No previous building systems experience is required, as you are able to leverage the knowledge and industry experience of our in-house building system experts.
- Want a seat at the leadership table where your views and expertise will be valued
- Have significant strategic policy development and evaluation planning expertise and enjoy sharing your knowledge
- Understand the legislative environment and are able to make well-informed decisions
- Naturally enjoy achieving through others and are known for your talents in coaching and mentoring
- Like working in an agile environment
- Effectively influence others and work collaboratively
- Have a high level of initiative, sound judgement and discretion
- Consider it important to be able to work in a flexible way that suits you, your work and your life
Come work with smart and driven people that want to make a difference
MBIE is an incredibly diverse organisation, employing more than 4,000 people across a range of roles. We share a commitment to growing New Zealand for all. We create opportunities for our people to gain experience in different parts of our organisation. As stated above, we are committed to providing more contemporary, flexible ways of working so our people can work in a way that best suits them, their work and their life. That includes giving our people more choice about when, how and where they work.
Click on the APPLY button below in order to start the online application process. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process. We welcome your questions and enquiries - to discuss please contact Marg by email Marg.Kennedy@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1389249.
Applications close on Sunday 20 October 2019