Senior Incident Manager/Analyst | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD Snr Incident Manager Analyst CERT NZ SSD MS April 2018.pdf (PDF, 373KB)
|Application Close Date:||05-Jun-2019|
- We're creating a secure and resilient online New Zealand, come and join us!
- Your information security knowledge combined with a drive to help New Zealanders will be an asset to our team
- Permanent opportunity, Wellington office
- Industry competitive salary
We look for people who are passionate about New Zealand and enthusiastic about making a positive change to our economy, our businesses and our people.
CERT NZ is New Zealand's national Computer Emergency Response Team. We investigate cyber security incident reports, track cyber security incidents and attacks, and provide advice to New Zealanders on how to respond to and prevent further attacks. We work closely with our international counterparts across more than 100 other national CERTs to prevent and respond to cyber security incidents.
We're looking for a Senior Incident Manager to join our Operations team. You'll fit right in if you have an in-depth knowledge of cyber threats and the threat landscape. You don't need to come from an incident response background; we're looking for people with strong technical knowledge in information security who are interested in learning new skills and techniques.
The Senior Incident Manager:
- triages, manages and investigates cyber security incidents
- analyses the root causes of information security issues that are impacting New Zealand
- take a lead role on projects
- evolve our approach to incident response to meet the needs of New Zealanders
- coordinate national and international cyber security incidents
- undertake original research
You'll be an important member of a team that has national responsibility for incident response and triage, situational awareness and information sharing, advice and outreach, international collaboration and national and international co-ordination of serious cyber incidents.
This is a challenging, rewarding and fulfilling role, with the opportunity to really make a difference, and be part of a high-performing, multi-disciplinary team.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- In-depth understanding of information security and how computer systems work
- Comprehensive knowledge cyber threats and the threat landscape
- Proven ability to translate technical knowledge and language in a way that audiences from all backgrounds can understand
- Experience in computer network defence
- Experience with network and system security analysis is highly desirable
- Existing government security clearance or the ability to gain and maintain such a clearance (Please see this link to the public NZSIS information for further information about the vetting process for national security clearances: http://nzsis.govt.nz/assets/media/Vetting_for_web_LR.pdf)
- Legally entitled to live and work in New Zealand
To apply for this role, click on the “Apply Now” button to read and download the position description. Please apply directly online, complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role. Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
If you have any queries please email Monica Chow at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5.00pm on 5th June 2019.