Senior Incident Manager/Analyst | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD Snr Incident Manager Analyst CERT NZ SSD MS April 2018.pdf (PDF, 373KB)
|Application Close Date:||31-Mar-2019|
- Do you have an insatiable appetite for learning and want the opportunity to utilise your inquisitiveness in an intensely technical environment?
- Do you want to be on the frontline of creating a secure, resilient and prosperous NZ?
- Permanent opportunity, Wellington office
We look for people who are passionate about New Zealand and enthusiastic about making a positive change to our economy, our businesses and our people.
CERT NZ is an organisation that receives cyber incident reports, tracks cyber security incidents or attacks and provides advice and alerts to its customers on how to respond and prevent further attacks. CERT NZ works work closely with its international counterparts to prevent and respond to cybersecurity incidents, and address cybercrime.
CERT NZ is New Zealand's national CERT and sits at the centre of our cyber security response. CERT NZ is part of an international network of more than 85 other national CERTs playing our part in a global effort to improve internet security.
The Senior Incident Manager triages, manages and investigates incidents which will include ensuring that appropriate advice is sent out to affected parties, to warn them and inform them on how to mitigate the threat.
The Senior Incident Manager will have a strong interest in cyber threats and an active engagement in following the threat landscape. You have strong willingness to learn incident response and how systems are compromised.
You will relish being part of a team that has national responsibility for:
- Incident response and triage
- Situational awareness and information sharing
- Advice and outreach
- International collaboration
- National and international co-ordination of serious cyber incidents
This is a challenging, rewarding and fulfilling role, with the opportunity to really make a difference, and collaborate with a strong team of professionals.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Strong interest in cyber threats and the threat landscape.
- Strong ability to translate technical knowledge and language in a way that audiences from all backgrounds would understand.
- Experience in computer network defence and operating in a hostile environment
- Experience with network and system security analysis highly desirable
- Existing government security clearance or the ability to gain and maintain such a clearance (Please see this link to the public NZSIS information for further information about the vetting process for national security clearances: http://nzsis.govt.nz/assets/media/Vetting_for_web_LR.pdf)
- Legally entitled to live and work in New Zealand.
To apply for this role, click on the “Apply Now” button to read and download the position description. Please apply directly online, complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role. Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
If you have any queries please email Monica Chow at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5.00pm on 31st March 2019.