Manager, Digital Channels | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Dig Channels Manager PD.pdf (PDF, 421KB)
|Application Close Date:||31-Mar-2019|
- Lead passionate and knowledgeable teams of digital professionals.
- Help MBIE websites meet the needs of MBIE and our online customers.
- Provide customer-centred, strategic advice and services.
Digital Channels teams ensure MBIE websites meet the needs of MBIE and our online customers. We ensure quality standards by providing customer-centred, strategic advice and services.
The Manager, Digital Channels is responsible for leading teams that provide digital services across all MBIE websites. Our operating approach is based around four categories of service:
- Kaitiakitanga / Stewardship
- Business partnering
- Specialist advice and services
- Website support and maintenance
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Proven success in leading, coaching and motivating leaders and teams of engaged digital professionals.
- An advanced understanding of digital strategy, best practice and the latest digital trends, techniques and technologies.
- Experience championing a customer-centric approach.
- An ability to convey content in a jargon free way that engages and meets the needs of the audience
- The ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships and to develop trust and credibility with senior managers, staff and key internal and external stakeholders
- A proactive, can-do attitude with a high level of initiative, sound judgement and discretion
- Exceptional teamwork and collaborative abilities and a willingness to share knowledge and expertise with others
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills
- Creative and effective problem solving skills.
- Contributed to the development of a progressive strategy and led delivery through your team.
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively across teams and with key stakeholders
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Sarah Frost on email@example.com if you have any further questions quoting reference MB1387279
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday the 31st of March.