Senior Investment Analyst | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| 20180814 PD Senior Investment Analyst PDU.pdf (PDF, 366KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Mar-2019|
- New position in the Provincial Development Unit (PDU)
- Assess and evaluate the merits of applications to the Provincial Growth Fund
- Use your commercial expertise to evaluate proposals and provide advice to decision makers
- Central Wellington location
About the role
Reporting to an Investment Director, you will be responsible for undertaking the initial assessments for applications for funds to the PGF. You will need to possess sound commercial and market knowledge, as well as an understanding of public policy objectives. Using your commercial and analytical expertise you will identify benefits, risks and prepare advice on proposals to the Investment Director, the Independent Advisory Panel, Senior Regional Officials and Regional Economic Development Ministers.
To be successful in the role you will need to demonstrate:
- Extensive knowledge and experience in investment management
- Strong numerical ability and quantitative skills to triage applications and make initial assessments
- Self-confidence, drive and tenacity with proven ability to work under pressure, establish priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining key networks and positive and constructive stakeholder relationships internal and external to the organisation
- The ability to work at all levels of the organisation and relate to and gain the confidence of a diverse range of stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills
- Tertiary qualification preferably in finance, accounting, economics or related discipline
- Must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand
About the Group
The PDU has been established to be the focal point within Government for regional economic development, and to design and implement the PGF.
Through the PGF central government has committed to investing $1billion per annum over 3 years in regional economic development with the aim of lifting productivity potential in the provinces. Its priorities are to enhance economic development opportunities, create sustainable jobs, enable Māori to reach their full potential, boost social inclusion and participation, build resilient communities, and help meet New Zealand's climate change targets.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Sarah.Frost@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1385847 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday the 24th of March 2019.