Programme Co-ordinator | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| NZRIS Programme Coordinator March 2019.pdf (PDF, 376KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Mar-2019|
- Join us to develop the New Zealand Research Information System (NZRIS)
- High profile role, fantastic team culture
- Play a key role in ensuring the future success of the NZRIS programme
- 1 year fixed term role – Wellington based
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced & confident Programme Coordinator to join the established NZRIS programme within Science and Innovation team in the Evidence and Insights Branch.
The Evidence and Insights branch develops the evidence base for policy and operational decision making in the Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment. We provide trusted advice on the impact and effectiveness of government initiatives. We provide the evidence-based insights that help decision-makers do their best work.
The New Zealand Research Information System (NZRIS) will be New Zealand's online hub for the research, science and information sector. NZRIS is a key action from New Zealand's Research, Science and Innovation Domain Plan. It is a place where people will be able to easily find information about New Zealand's research activity – such as what projects are under way, how they are being funded and what resources are being used.
We're looking for a Programme Coordinator with a very strong track record in collaborative, delivery focus and stakeholder skills. The successful candidate will be expected to manage a wide range of coordination and reporting tasks across a number of NZRIS work stream areas. The programme work stream areas of NZRIS are varied and span the spectrum from sector engagement to data specification. Our coordinator will expected to support the Programme Manager, performing a wide range of functions, and will be expected to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously so attention to detail and the ability to prioritise and deliver outcomes to deadlines are crucial to the success of this role. It is also expected that process documentation and flow-charting may be required as well as creating diagrams and presentations.
Skills and Experience:
We are keen to hear from you if you have:
- Proven programme co-ordination experience of large scale programmes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to think analytically about issues, express ideas clearly and an eye for detail
- Ability to quickly assimilate new information or areas of work
- Ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships
- Well organised with excellent planning skills
- Can-do attitude
- Proven ability to develop trust and credibility with managers and peers
- Proven ability to use communication and information technology systems and methods including; MSWord, MSProject, MSExcel, MSOutlook, MSPowerpoint and Visio.
Why work for us:
MBIE is one of New Zealand's largest, most influential and most diverse public sector agencies. This means that we are able to offer significant opportunities for developing experience across a broad variety of areas.
We aim to create a culture where our people are empowered to bring fresh ideas and perspectives and to develop new approaches.
We also take the time to foster a work environment that is enjoyable for all. This means we like to collaborate, support and encourage our people, encourage excellence and innovation and take the time to have some fun and celebrate our successes.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Please e-mail Sarah Frost at email@example.com if you have any further questions. Applications close 5.00pm 24th March 2019.