Head of Investment Management | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD Head of Investment Management - September 2018.pdf (PDF, 354KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Mar-2019|
- A key senior position providing intellectual and strategic leadership
- Management and oversight of the overall investment portfolio
- New permanent position | Central Wellington location
About the role
Reporting to the Head of the Provincial Development Unit (PDU), you will be responsible for the overall management of the investment management processes and its personnel. Your strong commercial expertise and experience will hold you in good stead to gain the necessary credibility and influence to establish strategic relationships in the private and public sector which aid the facilitation and realisation of co-investment opportunities. Further, you will play a key role in enhancing the success and upholding the reputation of the PDU through initiating and supporting wise investment decisions which achieve Fund objectives and align with the Principles by which the Fund was established.
You will also lead and manage a team of investment directors, analysts and administrative staff, coaching, empowering and releasing them to contribute to making something extraordinary happen.
We are looking for a highly experienced leader and people manager with strategic nous who can influence at the highest levels with extensive experience in business and the investment environment in New Zealand. To be successful in the role you will need:
To be successful in the role you will need to demonstrate:
- Strong commercial acumen and strategic nous with particular expertise in the identification of investment opportunities, business case development and assessment of business capability
- Financial, analytical and investment experience within an in-depth knowledge of New Zealand's sectors
- Senior leadership experience within a complex large business or public sector organisation
- Wide ranging knowledge of investment, risk and assurance that is applied in the public sector context
- Extensive experience and knowledge of the assessment and evaluation of major projects
- Deep understanding of the principles and conventions of government and the constitutional, legal and whole-of-government basis on which the New Zealand State Service operates
- Proven success in a senior management position working collaboratively with the leadership team
- Proven experience developing high performing teams
- Political nous and proven track record of building and maintaining the trust of Ministers and senior officials
- Tertiary qualification or extensive and comparable experience in a finance or business management position
- Must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand (New Zealand citizen or hold a residence class visa)
- Must consent to and satisfactorily complete a credit check
About the Group
The Provincial Development Unit (PDU) has been established to be the focal point within Government for regional economic development, and to design and implement the Provincial Growth Fund (PGF).
Through the PGF central government has committed to investing $1billion per annum over 3 years in regional economic development with the aim of lifting productivity potential in the provinces. Its priorities are to enhance economic development opportunities, create sustainable jobs, enable Māori to reach their full potential, boost social inclusion and participation, build resilient communities, and help meet New Zealand's climate change targets.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Sarah.Frost@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1385288 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday the 24th of March 2019.