Senior Advisor - Portfolio Integration - Immigration New Zealand | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| INZ Senior Advisor - Portfolio Integration Clean - 1 Feb 19 - Copy.pdf (PDF, 393KB)
INZ Senior Advisor - Portfolio Integration.pdf (PDF, 393KB)
|Application Close Date:||05-May-2019|
- Facilitate the selection of candidate projects
- Manage ongoing prioritisation and dependencies with other change
- Join a great team of change professionals
Immigration NZ's vision & core purpose in-line with our ‘Striking the Balance' strategy; is to support a strong & high performing economy without compromising the integrity of our environment. This is a significant role that will influence, support and drive the analysis that feeds the ongoing prioritization & long-term investment plan for the INZ business. Reporting into the Portfolio Management Office manager within the Projects and Portfolio Management team (PPM), the Senior Advisor - Portfolio Integration (known as PIA) will manage and communicate a clear integrated view of INZ's portfolio of change.
The PPM team is responsible for the management and implementation of strategic projects across Immigration NZ. The PIA role ensures that INZ delivers the change it needs by:
- Communicating an integrated view of the INZ change programme – including key dependencies, constraints and risks from a portfolio perspective
- Influencing INZ ICT systems, MBIE ICT, senior leadership team and key vendors to ensure an optimized delivery
- Aligning & re-prioritizing the INZ change portfolio aligning with the MBIE business strategy.
- Leading the de-confliction of all live projects and influencing where necessary changes to project phasing
What we are looking for:
- A minimum of 7 years portfolio / works programme in a similar evaluation and analysis role.
- Outcome focused, benefits driven with a positive performance ethos.
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and influence.
- Proven ability to work independently with the agility and know how to manage risks and challenges as they arise.
- Sound experience in building credible respected relationships with diverse stakeholders including senior managers and influences.
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Must be a NZ citizen or hold a residence class VISA.
About MBIE/Immigration New Zealand:
At Immigration NZ, it all starts with our people. The organization's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. Our business has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing user expectations mean that the systems & processes we know today will not be the ones we deliver in the digital reality of tomorrow.
This is fantastic career opportunity to join a team in the heart of significant business change, if you are ambitious and thrive on challenge but motivated by outcome this role could be for you. If you want to be part of an organisation focused on making a positive impact, register your interest in this opportunity by clicking “Apply Now” and upload your CV and cover letter. If you would like to have a confidential conversation please contact Jonny Hay – 04-8965881.
Applications close 5pm 5th May 2019