Manager, Radio Spectrum | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - RSM - Manager Radio Spectrum Licensing and Technical March 2019.pdf (PDF, 364KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Mar-2019|
- Are you a dynamic and inspiring leader looking for your next opportunity?
- Can you think strategically and effectively manage relationships with others?
- Be a trusted and credible advisor to the Senior Leaders
- Permanent opportunity based in our Central Wellington location
Radio Spectrum Management (RSM) is responsible for efficiently and effectively managing the radio spectrum in New Zealand. This includes allocating rights for the use of the spectrum, and enforcing compliance with the requirements to ensure legitimate users are able to enjoy their rights. If you would like to play an integral leadership role in our team, then read on.
Reporting to the National Manager, Radio Spectrum Management, this role will responsible for the day to day management of Radio Spectrum Licensing across New Zealand, ensuring that the Radio Engineers and Technical Officers carry out their functions to a high standard and in accordance with nationally consistent practice, operational policy and business process frameworks.
The Manager, Radio Spectrum Licensing and Technical will be responsible for building and maintaining key relationships with influential and relevant groups at both the local and regional levels, in order to positively influence the Radio Spectrum Licensing environment across New Zealand.
We are looking for someone who:
- Experience in leading, managing and motivating a team of staff would be ideal
- The ability to understand and apply legislation fairly and consistently
- An ability to balance statutory and technical issues and present them with simplicity and clarity that can be understood by a range of audiences
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement change, including in a technically complex environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop operational business systems, processes and work practices as well as business plans, and governance and risk management practices and documentation
- An ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships
- Must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. At MBIE, we look for people who are passionate about New Zealand and enthusiastic about making a positive change to our economy, our people and our safety. In the Market Services group we are committed to achieving Fair Markets that Thrive.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process. For more information or any questions please email email@example.com.
Applications close on Monday at 5pm on 25th March 2019.