Executive Assistant | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Executive Assistant CLA final May 2019.pdf (PDF, 349KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-May-2019|
- Provide high-calibre, confidential support to the Chief Legal Advisor
- Varied and challenging role
- Collegial and cohesive team
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has come about for an Executive Assistant to provide high calibre, confidential support to MBIE's Chief Legal Advisor.
Working in a dynamic and changing environment, you will be the linchpin between the Chief Legal Advisor and internal and external stakeholders. Your skills in relationship management, organisation, and prioritising tasks help you manage diaries, monitor telephone calls, emails and other communication, prepare documentation, manage travel, plan and manage meetings and events, carry out other administrative tasks and work with the Legal Business Management Team to make sure the business of our Branch runs well. Your reliability and good humour will make you an invaluable member of the Legal Leadership Team.
You will be client-focused and expected to have an understanding of the Business Group, Branch priorities and business plans. You will maintain effective internal and external relationships, deal with high level, urgent and confidential issues and mentor other support staff where appropriate.
You'll always be two steps ahead of the Chief Legal Advisor anticipating what is required and when while ensuring that tasks are completed to a high level.
Skills and experience required:
To be successful in this role you need to have:
- A proven track record of experience and success in providing EA support to executive leadership
- Demonstrated agility in responding to changes in priorities
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to develop systems to deliver within your area of responsibility
- Initiative and a proactive approach to work supporting by strong judgment and decision making ability
- Great relationship management skills with confidence in dealing with a wide range of people
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Motivation and a positive and pro-active approach to your work
- Ability to stay calm in a dynamic and changing environment
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications
Why be part of MBIE Legal?
The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment is an incredibly diverse organisation covering a wide range of functions and employs more than 4,000 people. Our purpose is to benefit all New Zealanders, building a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
The Legal Branch supports MBIE-wide activity so our work is varied and interesting and our environment dynamic. We know our people are what makes us succeed and that we achieve this together through our commitment to excellence and support of each other. Like all our team you will have access to ongoing training opportunities.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Jo Smith firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions quoting reference MBIE/1381559.
Applications close 5pm 27th May 2019.