Business Administrator | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Business Administrator - SNZ - September 2018.pdf (PDF, 172KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Feb-2019|
- Are you a 'top notch' administration superstar?
- Are you task oriented with great customer service skills?
- Do you pride yourself on being organised and able to multi task?
- Join a passionate and dedicated team!
- Permanent opportunity, Wellington based location
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
Standards NZ is New Zealand's national standards body. We are responsible for the development and maintenance of hundreds of standards that benefit New Zealand. We work closely with regulators, industry bodies and business to ensure that standards continue to contribute to productivity, trade and health and safety outcomes
We are seeking an experienced business administrator to join our Business Capability team. This role is responsible for day-to-day operational activities, administration, customer services and support to Standards NZ's customers and stakeholders. The Business Administrator will also provide administrative and organisational support to Standards NZ Manager and leadership team. The main goal of this role is to maximize efficiency and work across the team to deliver service to positively impact our customers and stakeholders.
The ideal candidate should possess a mix of administrative and customer service skills as well as the ability to multitask. You will be adept at collaborating with different teams and work well under pressure. You will bring a positive can do attitude and enthusiasm to deliver results and work collaboratively across the team. We have a new business strategy and big goals for the future, so we're looking for someone who's ready to meet the challenges of the job and enable us to enjoy sustainable success.
We are looking for the following skills and experience:
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Experienced administrator with sound organisational and prioritisation skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and good phone manner
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and manage sensitive information
- Proven ability to use initiative, sound judgement and discretion
- Excellence in setting and maintaining high standards and consistency in producing high quality work
- Proven ability to build constructive relationships both with internal and external stakeholders
- Great computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and quick to adapt to new technologies
- Must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Monica Chow at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1380631 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on 24 Feb 2019.