Digital Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD_Digital Advisor_Housing and Tenancy_Nov 2018.pdf (PDF, 379KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Feb-2019|
- Are you a digitally savvy advisor who puts the user experience at the centre of all they do?
- Have you got a proven track record working across a range of digital channels and utilising digital tools to enhance usability
- Do you have experience writing for web and social media?
- Join a team that is passionate about helping people participate with confidence in the housing and tenancy market.
About the role
With a team, the Digital Advisor will manage the development of enhancements across a number of websites, digital resources and tools. You will know how to write for web, and produce content across a variety of digital channels, including social media.
As part of the digital and marketing team you will contribute to communications initiatives by ensuring our digital channels are fit for purpose. This will include monitoring performance and usability and designing plans to develop our channels to better serve the needs and preferences of our users.
You will be up-to-date with the latest digital trends, techniques and technologies, and will be able to identify how these can be leveraged in order to improve efficiency, quality and consistency.
Skills and experience required:
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate digital and social media strategies, standards, policies, processes and procedures.
- Practical experience with Content Management Systems (ideally CWP), Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office.
- Knowledge of web content best practices, including writing for the web, writing for social media, plain language, search engine optimisation, and accessibility.
- An understanding of user experience (UX) principles and best practices.
- Experience in using website analytics to make actionable recommendations for improvement.
- Excellent project and time management skills – able to handle multiple competing projects.
- Proven ability to quickly establish and maintain strong working relationships.
A tertiary qualification is preferable – ideally in a related area (online/digital communications and marketing).
Must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.
MBIE is the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We do this by working with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improving job opportunities and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
The Information and Education team sits with in the Housing and Tenancy Services Branch. The team's mission is to:
- Shape information and education initiatives that motivate behavioural change, improving how the housing and tenancy system functions.
- Collaborate with the wider housing and tenancy system including internal and external partners to contribute to shared goals and support sector compliance
- Deliver timely ‘source of truth' information through communication channels to educate audiences about their rights and responsibilities.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Monica Chow at email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1380379 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on 24 Feb 2019.