Advisor / Senior Advisor, Building Performance | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Technical Advisor Position Description - Jan 2019.pdf (PDF, 413KB)
Senior Technical Advisor Position Description - Jan 2019.pdf (PDF, 345KB)
Job Specific Information Senior Adviser - BPE - Jan 2019.pdf (PDF, 197KB)
Job Specific Information Advisor - BPE - Jan 2019.pdf (PDF, 197KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Feb-2019|
- Be the builders of change in the building system!
- Use your building services experience to influence the levers of change
- Make a difference within an industry you are passionate about
Be part of the biggest reform of the building regulatory system in the last 15 years.
We are looking for an experienced building services professional to help us create a better building sector - not only for those in the industry, but for all New Zealanders.
Play your part in shaping one of New Zealand's leading sectors that employs 250,000 workers and is set to contribute more than $41 billion to New Zealand's economy in 2023.
About the role
As a Senior Advisor within the Building Performance & Engineering team, you can influence key decisions affecting the building sector to ensure the safety of all New Zealanders.
You will be responsible for assessing and shaping the performance settings in the Building Code as it relates to accessibility, acoustics, lighting, daylighting and building safety.
You will interact, consult, and engage with stakeholders across the industry and provide information and advice to the Minister for building and construction.
You will also provide internal advice and recommendations within your area of expertise to the wider Building System Performance branch at MBIE.
Skills and experience for the role
- We're looking for a building performance expert with broad experience in designing, modelling, and creating safe and comfortable indoor environments.
- You might have a building science, architecture, acoustic, electrical or mechanical engineering background.
- You will have strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to clearly communicate your expertise to a non-technical audience.
- Ideally, you will also have regulatory or operational policy experience or experience working within government at a local or national level.
Come work with smart and driven people that want to make a difference
MBIE is an incredibly diverse organisation, employing more than 4,000 people across a range of roles. We share a commitment to growing New Zealand for all.
We create opportunities for our people to gain experience in different parts of our organisation.
We are committed to providing more contemporary, flexible ways of working so our people can work in a way that best suits them, their work and their life. That includes giving our people more choice about when, how and where they work.
Click on the APPLY button below in order to start the online application process. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
We welcome your questions and enquiries regarding these roles. Please feel free to email Marg.Kennedy@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1379557.
Applications close on Sunday 24th February 2019.