Investigator | Auckland
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Investigator (Complaints) - July 2018.pdf (PDF, 351KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Feb-2019|
- Do you have proven Investigative experience?
- Help vulnerable migrants and make a difference in these communities
- Interesting and varied case load
- Permanent Opportunity, Auckland central
An exciting opportunity has come about for an Investigator to join MBIE in the Immigration Advisers Authority (IAA). The functions of the Immigration Advisers Authority are:
- Overseeing the licensing of immigration advisers.
- Receiving complaints about licensed and unlicensed immigration advisers.
- Investigating and taking action against those breaching immigration advice law.
- Maintaining a register of licensed immigration advisers.
- Developing and maintaining competency standards and the code of conduct for immigration advisers.
- Facilitating the education and development of immigration advisers.
- Facilitating public awareness of matters relating to the provision of immigration advice.
- Enforcement relating to the Immigration Advisers Licensing Act (2007).
As an Investigator (Complaints), you will support the Team Leader Investigations, and will undertake investigations relating to licensed immigration advisers. You will be responsible for enforcement relating to the Immigration Advisers Licensing Act (2007) and responsible for ensuring quality and consistency of advice and practices in relation to the contribution to the team's work.
Essential skills and experience required for this role include:
- Proven experience working in an occupational regulation enforcement environment
- Understanding of complaint processes and investigative techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to write complex legal reports and to interpret legislation
- The ability to assess large volumes of information and make robust recommendations
- A methodical and precise approach, to deliver desired outcomes
To apply for this exciting role, click on the “Apply Now” button to read and download the position description. Please apply directly online, complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role.
If you have any queries please contact Monica Chow on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Sunday 24 Feb 2019.