Buiness Analyst | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| ICT Business Analyst JD (Feb 2019).pdf (PDF, 363KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Feb-2019|
- Opportunity to work across a wide variety of projects across the project lifecycle
- Based in the Information and Communications Technology branch
- Permanent position, Wellington based
About the role:
We are currently looking for a Business Analyst who wants to take the next step in their career, working on interesting projects in a complex business and technical environment. This role is located in the Information and Communications Technology branch of the Corporate, Governance & Information Branch of MBIE.
This is a great time to be joining the ICT team and grow your skills, as we transition from paper/email-based delivery model to one that uses latest cloud tools for online collaboration and iterative requirements development.
The diverse nature of MBIE gives our business analysts the opportunity to work across a wide variety of projects across the project lifecycle. As well as specifying requirements and business process analysis, our BA's also get involved in scoping initiatives, developing business cases, procurement, and business change activities.
In addition to delivering a diverse set of business analysis work, you will also help to build the BA Practice, contributing to internal initiatives to improve its capabilities and maturity level.
As a Business Analyst you will bring a good working knowledge of business analysis methodologies, tools and best practice and you will have successfully worked within business groups and projects in both a business and an ICT environment.
Skills and Experience:
We are keen to hear from you if you have:
- Over two years' experience in a Business Analyst (or comparable) role
- The ability to quickly assimilate new information and understand unfamiliar business contexts and complex issues.
- Strong problem solving skills and the confidence to challenge business stakeholders to validate their needs.A good working knowledge of business analysis methodologies, tools and best practice.
- The ability to multitask, prioritise, and manage the expectations of multiple stakeholders
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with people at all levels.Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to explain information in a way that is readily understood.
- Must have legal right to live and work in NZ.
Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or New Zealand permanent residents.
In return, we offer you:
The opportunity to get involved with a variety of work in a fast paced interesting business group. MBIE offers significant opportunity for developing experience across a broad variety of areas.
We proactively support professional development and certification of business analysts, and provide on-the-job learning and coaching. We'll also help you manage a healthy work-life balance; with flexi-time, healthcare and financial benefits, along with sports teams and social activities.
Please note that there is a mandatory self-assessement that must be completed at the time of submitting applications and prior to the application closing date. Applications submitted without having completed the test will not able to be considered. Details of how to access the test can be found below.
How to apply:
- Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website and view a position description.
- Complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
- Complete the self-assessment survey by clicking on this link: https://surveys.skillstx.com/invite/selfassessment/2952-664B
Please e-mail Jo Smith email@example.com if you have any further questions. Applications close 5pm Sunday 24th February 2019.