Senior Procurement Specialist | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Senior Procurement Specialist.pdf (PDF, 357KB)
|Application Close Date:||29-Apr-2019|
The New Zealand Government Procurement & Property (NZGPP) branch has a permanent position available in our All-of-Government (AoG) Utilities (Electricity and Gas) team. This role provides the opportunity to demonstrate your energy sector experience delivering commercial outcomes to agencies.
Interested? Read on.
This opportunity is responsible for ensuring that innovation and added value is achieved by taking a long term view of supplier relationships and the way NZGPP engages with the energy sector. Tapping into utilities suppliers' expertise and capabilities, the Utilities team seeks to deliver value to government agencies that participate in the AoG Electricity and gas contracts.
This Senior Procurement Specialist role reports to the Manager Supplier Relationship Management and works closely with the existing Senior Procurement Specialist to deliver individual energy solution options to government agencies. The Utilities team undertakes regular procurement processes of up to 100 agencies at a time which entails undertaking complex pricing analysis. From this analysis the team engages with government agencies on what are their best energy solution options. Through the procurement process the Senior Procurement Specialist will actively and regularly engage with a wide range of government agencies.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience in the management, collection, consolidating and validating of data form multiple sources
- The ability to critically analyse complex pricing schedules and recommend solutions to agencies
- Experience in cooperative relationships with key stakeholders or suppliers, driving innovation, added value and benefit realisation
- Considerable commercial experience, preferably in the energy sector or energy markets
- Experience in identifying areas of continuous improvement, implementing and managing commercial / procurement initiatives
- Experience in influencing and negotiating with stakeholders, suppliers, and senior managers
- Strong analytical ability including operating complex pricing schedules (MS Excel spreadsheets)
- Considerable experience in interpreting complex and dynamic supplier environments
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our online careers website. Here you can view a position description at this site, as well as complete the online application. Please upload a CV and cover letter.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be formally submitted via this online advertisement.
For further information and a confidential discussion, please reference MBIE/13788742 email Lapulou.Moale@mbie.govt.nz.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday, 29 April 2019