Co-ordinator / Analyst | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Co-ordinator-Analyst PD 20181221.pdf (PDF, 340KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Feb-2019|
- Do you have excellent administration and analysis skills?
- Great career opportunity
- Fantastic team culture in the heart of Immigration NZ
Our Operational Policy team sits in the heart of Immigration New Zealand, and has significant influence on the future direction of a range of immigration initiatives. Whether it's new policies the Government needs to implement, continuous improvement initiatives or suggestions from one of our frontline teams, we turn these into action. We operationalise changes by updating our immigration instructions, website, forms and guides, standard operating procedures for frontline staff and liaising with ICT and our vendors to change systems.
The Co-ordinator / Analyst is a newly created role to support an established and dedicated team of operational policy analysts and immigration specialists, and will be an opportunity to learn and work alongside some of the most experienced Business Analysts in INZ. This is a challenging role in a busy, fast-paced team where you will be responsible for planning, scheduling and reporting activities, and ensuring that all relevant business initiatives are supported. This role is also the dedicated administration support to the AGM of the Business Delivery group and the Operational Policy Manager. The Co-ordinator / Analyst performs a wide range of functions, and will be expected to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously so attention to detail and the ability to prioritise and deliver outcomes to deadlines are crucial to the success of this role. It is also expected that process documentation and flowcharting may be required as well as creating diagrams and presentations.
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- Excellent writing skills, particularly in explaining complex issues in simple terms to a wide variety of audiences
- Excellent administration skills with intermediate or higher ability in Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication, self-management and interpersonal skills
- An ability to work within a team environment and establish good working relationships
- An ability to work effectively with staff at all levels (including senior managers)
- Awareness of what constitutes effective communication
- Familiarity with process improvement
- Experience with reporting at team and initiative/project level
- A talent for organising, monitoring and following-up scheduled deadlines and deliverables
- Knowledge of New Zealand's immigration operating environment or relevant experience in a similar position.
This is a fantastic career opportunity to join a successful team with a great collaborative outcome‑focussed culture. If you are an ambitious Administration or Co-ordinator that is looking to break into the business analyst area this is a role to consider.
Applicants must hold Resident or Citizen level rights to work.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our online careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the online application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1378855 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 27th of February